Dr Sarath Samarage
|Education||Nalanda College Colombo |
University of Colombo
|Employer||Institute for Health Policy|
Samarage was born in Colombo, received his primary and secondary education at Nalanda College, Colombo. While at school he was the editor of the school's magazine, editor Cricket Souvenir Buddhist Society, Secretary-Science Society, Literary Society. Later he entered University of Colombo's medical faculty and graduated with a MBBS, becoming a Medical Doctor. Samarage also obtained a MSc and a MD from the Post Graduate Institute of Medicine at the University of Colombo, in addition to a Master in Public Health (MPH) from the Johns Hopkins University.
Samarage was also the former Deputy Director General Planning, Ministry of Health in Sri Lanka. He is also the current President of Association of Medical Doctors of Asia -SRI LANKA Chapter. Smarage was the President of the Lions Club of Panadura. He was also the former President of the Medical Administrators of Sri Lanka. He is the Chairman of the St. John Ambulance Association and Brigade of Sri Lanka.
- Institute for Health Policy - Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- IIHS Organizes Bio-Inquirer 2013
- IHP participates in IHEA 2007 World Congress in Copenhagen
- Country benefitted from drug prevention programs, says President
- Ministry of Healthcare and Nutrition, Colombo 10, Sri Lanka
- Dr. Samarage, chairperson of AMDA Sri Lanka at 2012 International Medical Leaders Forum & Annual Meeting
- TMC Kalutara conducts seminar on ‘Breakthrough Strategies
- New president of College of Medical Administrators
- 20th President inducted........ Archived 2014-09-01 at the Wayback Machine
- RECOGNISING SERVIC