Sarah Harris (journalist)
Sarah Harris (born 13 July 1981) is an Australian television presenter and journalist.
Harris at the Anchorman 2 premiere in 2013
|Education||Caboolture State High School|
|Occupation||Television presenter, journalist, conservative commentator|
|Known for||Studio 10|
Tom Ward (m. 2014)
Harris grew up in a block of housing commission flats in Mt Druitt, a western suburb of Sydney. She has one younger brother. Her father died of prostate cancer at 50.
Harris studied journalism and international business at Queensland University of Technology. Her journalism career started in 1997 at the Seven Network in Brisbane, where she filed reports for Seven News and later Today Tonight.
In June 2001, she joined Prime Gold Coast News where she was a freelance television reporter and presenter. She then moved back to the Seven Network in Brisbane where she was a cadet news reporter and writer.
In 2002, Harris joined the Nine Network and became a reporter, researcher and fill-in presenter on Extra. She also joined National Nine News as a reporter and Today. She delivered live reports from the scene of the Cairns Tilt Train derailment in November 2004, as well as Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen’s funeral in Kingaroy in 2005. She left Today in 2005 to become a reporter and fill-in presenter on National Nine News in Brisbane.
In 2007, Harris moved to Sydney to become a Today reporter and a fill-in news presenter. She was also a fill-in news presenter on Nine Morning News, Nine Afternoon News, Nine News Sydney and Weekend Today
In August 2013, she resigned from the Nine Network to join Network Ten's new morning program, Studio 10 as a co-host with Ita Buttrose, Joe Hildebrand and Jessica Rowe. She has also been a fill-in host on Network Ten program The Project.
In November 2014, Harris was announced as the host of Shark Tank.
Harris is a former pack-a-day smoker, having quit in 2014. However she was seen smoking with co-host Joe Hildebrand at the Logie Awards 2016. She claimed at that moment it was the first cigarette she had had since her pregnancy.
In June 2017, Harris announced that she was pregnant with her second child. She gave birth to son Harry on 8 December 2017.
In October 2017, Harris and her husband Tom Ward bought a 2.175 milllion home in Sydney's affluent North Shore.
- "The real Sarah Harris", Sydney Morning Herald (Australia), 29 June 2014.
- "How Sarah Harris went from housing commission to TV presenter", Daily Life (Australia), 29 June 2014.
- "Channel Nine star Sarah Harris is joining the Ten network show Studio 10 ", The Daily Telegraph (Australia), 9 August 2013.
- "Shark Tank 'Sharks' and Host Announced". Tenplay. 13 November 2014. Archived from the original on 15 April 2015. Retrieved 11 March 2018.
- "Windy Wedding! TV girl Sarah Harris weds Tom Ward as wild winds lash Sydney", Daily Telegraph (Australia), 19 July 2014.
- "The bra gave it away — Sarah Harris first suspected she was pregnant in a hilarious way". Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "Sarah Harris: “For far too long, it’s been my dirty little secret.”", Mamamia (Australia), 6 October 2014.