San Carlos, Falkland Islands
San Carlos is a settlement in northwestern East Falkland, lying south of Port San Carlos on San Carlos Water. It is sometimes nicknamed "JB" after a former owner, Jack Bonner. The settlement consists of a number of properties including a dwelling with a small cafe which also provides craft facilities. As noted in the history section, there is a small museum that pays homage to the Falklands Conflict as well as local nature and culture.
It is named after the ship San Carlos, which visited in 1768, and grew in the early twentieth century around a factory which froze sheep carcasses.
- Lewis, Jason; Inglis, Alison. "Falklands Information Web - Widley used Falklands Acronyms". Archived from the original on 2006-06-19. Retrieved 2010-08-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to San Carlos, Falkland Islands.|