Saint Hubert Street
|Native name||French: rue Saint-Hubert|
|Location||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|South end||De la Commune Street East|
|North end||Stanley Park Avenue|
The land where this street is located was donated by Hubert-Joseph Lacroix (1743-1821), whose family settled on this street, and was officially laid out in 1826. The large residences built here in the second half of the nineteenth century, mainly by the French-Canadian elite, preserve the character of the street's residential origins to this day.
The artery was the site of the Montreal Eucharistic Congress in 1910, which ran between Saint-Antoine Street and Cherrier Street.
The first St-Hubert restaurant was opened on this street in 1951.
Between de Bellechasse Street and Jean-Talon Street, the street becomes an outdoor plaza, with the sidewalks protected from the elements by a glass roof.
- "Plaza St. Hubert". Tourism Montreal.