|Launched||28 March 2000|
|Closed||12 December 2016|
|Owned by||Sahara One Media & Entertainment Limited|
|Slogan||Entertainment (2000–2003) |
India Is Watching (2003–2004)
Yeh Rang Kitne Saare Kahan (2004–2006)
Television Ka Naya Rang (2006–2009)
Ab Naye Rang Mein (2009–2011)
Exploding Millions Of Emotions (2011–2013)
Moh Le Aapka Mann (2013–2016)
Sajaaye Anek Rang (2016)
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
Sahara Samay bihar Jharkhand
Sahara Samay Up Uttarakhand
Sahara Aalmi Samay
Sahara Samay Maharashtra Gujrat
Sahara Samay Madhya Pradesh Chhattisgarh
|DVB-T2 (India)||Check local frequencies|
|World TV Europe (Europe)||Channel 5|
|Dish TV(India)||Channel 128|
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel 702|
|Cignal Digital TV (Philippines)||Channel TBA|
|Rogers Cable (Canada)||Channel 832|
|Hathway (India)||Channel 16|
|Cable Star Iloilo (Philippines)||Channel 78|
|SkyCable (Philippines)||Channel 234|
|Destiny Cable (Philippines)||Channel 115 (Analog) |
Channel 234 (Digital)
Sahara One was launched as Sahara TV on 28 March 2000, which later in April 2003 was renamed as Sahara Manoranjan. As to compete with other channels and attract more audience, the channel once again changed its name to Sahara One on 10 October 2004.
Sahara One no longer telecasts new programming and currently telecasts reruns of its ended shows.
The channel provides a mix of fiction and non-fiction entertainment shows, events, dramas, mythological series, reality shows, kids programming, thrillers, feature films and film-based programmes. Some of the most successful shows to date include Shubh Mangal Savadhan, Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki, Ek Chutki Aasman, Kituu Sabb Jaantii Hai, Ganesh Leela, Kucchh Pal Saath Tumhara, Hare Kkaanch Ki Choodiyaan, Raat Hone Ko Hai, Hukum Mere Aaka, Aavishkar Ek Rakshak, Chacha Chaudhary, Prratima (based on the Bengali novel, "Protima", written by Tara Shankar Bandopadhyay) and Shorr.
It has broadcast the cartoon series Just Kids!, one of the most watched kids show of that time, hosted by Yash Pathak.
It also has broadcast television shows with Bollywood celebrities in the main roles such as Sridevi in Malini Iyer, Karisma Kapoor in Karishma - The Miracles of Destiny, Raveena Tandon in Sahib Biwi Gulam and Hema Malini in Kamini Damini.
- "Sahara One". Saharaone.in. 10 October 2004. Archived from the original on 23 July 2010. Retrieved 17 July 2010.
- "India's Sahara Television Puts Their Trust In Tektronix". Embeddedstar.com. Retrieved 17 July 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 July 2012. Retrieved 9 July 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Indian Television Dot Com". Indian Television Dot Com.
- "Watch 'Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki' and join Pari as she struggles for a decent way of life". indiantelevision.com. 22 April 2008.
- "Chacha Chaudhary creator on Indian comics". Hindustan Times – Mahim Gupta. 2014. Archived from the original on 7 August 2014.
- "Sahara One Bollywood Celebrity Shows". AFaqs – Prajjal Shah. 2004.