Sacred Heart College (Wisconsin)
Sacred Heart College, later renamed Campion College, was a Jesuit-operated college in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin founded in 1880. It was established by German Jesuits and trained people to serve in various capacities within the Roman Catholic Church. In 1888, the college closed to lay students. In 1898, it reopened to the laity as both a high school and college. The college was renamed Campion College in 1913. Though the college was shuttered in 1925, the associated high school, Campion High School, remained in operation until 1975.
- Wisconsin Magazine of History Vol. 29, p. 184 ff.
- "Campion College". America's Lost Colleges. Retrieved 2016-07-29.