Saarrthi is a Hindi television drama broadcast on STAR Plus and produced by Neela Tele Films Private Limited. It aired from 9 November 2004 to 15 February 2008 and contained 708 episodes. The story is a reworking of the Hindu epic, the Mahabharata, detailing the conflict between two brothers and their families in contemporary India.
|Created by||Neela Tele Films Private Limited|
Asit Kumarr Modi
|Written by||Prakash Kapadia, R M Joshi, Kapil Bavad, Mitesh Shah|
|Directed by||Qaeed Kuwajerwala|
|Opening theme||Yadā yadā hi dharmasya|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||708|
|Producer(s)||Neela Tele Films Private Limited|
Asit Kumarr Modi
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Original network||STAR Plus|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV),|
|Original release||9 November 2004 –|
15 February 2008
The drama serial premiered on 9 November 2004 and aired Monday through Thursday.
In August 2007, Saarrthi began airing on Fridays as well. Gurpreet Singh was added to the drama to portray Rudra Singh as the new protagonist.
The story and characters are adapted from Mahabharata which is a story of conflict between two half-brothers—Mansen and Siddhartha (Dhritarashtra and Pandu)-- and their families. The lead, Bhoomika (Subhadra), and her husband Arjun (Arjuna), portray the eternal couple who try to bring peace between the warring families. Along with them is Manasvi (Draupadi) who becomes the center of a conflict between two brothers Satya (Yudhishthira) and Suraj (Karna).While the antagonists are Shifali (Bhanumati), and her husband Yuvraj (Duryodhana).
Yadā yadā hi dharmasya glānirbhavati Bhārata
Abhyutthānam adharmasya tadātmānam sṛjāmyaham
Whenever there is decay of righteousness O! Bharata
And a rise of unrighteousness then I manifest Myself!
- Neha Devi Singh as Bhoomika Arjun Goenka (2004–2007)
- Karan Grover as Arjun Goenka (2004–2007)
- Nawab Shah as Mansen Goenka (2004–2008)
- Manasi Salvi as Manasvi Goenka (2004–2006)
- Rahil Azam as Suraj Kiran (2004–2006)
- Rajesh Shringarpure as Lord Krishna (2004–2008)
- Adita Wahi / Tiya Gandwani as Shefali Goenka (2004–2006) / (2006-2007)
- Zalak Thakker as Devika Parekh / Bhoomika Goenka (2007–2008)
- Gurpreet Singh as Rudra Singh (2007–2008)
- S M Zaheer as Devrath Goenka (2004–2008)
- Micckie Dudaaney as Yuvraj Goenka (2004–2008)
- Ashish Kapoor as Satyajeet Goenka (2004–2005)
- Sadhana Singh as Shakuntala Goenka
- Romanchak Arora as Keshav (2004–2006)
- Parikshit Sahni as Hemraj Goenka (2004–2008)
- Neena Kulkarni as Kumud Goenka (2004–2005)
- Savita Prabhune as Kumud Goenka (2005–2008)
- Shashi Puri as Siddhartha Goenka
- Mayank Anand as Shakti Goenka (2004)
- Manav Gohil as Shyam (2007)
- Kavita Kaushik
- Kanika Kohli
- Rajeev Bharadwaj
- Dimple Inamdar
- "Saarrthi Popular Television Family Drama Show Episodes". Nettv4u. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- "From the battlefield". The Tribune (Chandigarh). Retrieved 5 April 2018.
- "The Sunday Tribune - Spectrum - Television". www.tribuneindia.com. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- Saarrthi Opening credit song
- "Karan V Grover Model/TV actor". Az Glamour. 23 January 2015. Retrieved 25 July 2016.