SS Sackett's Harbor
|Builder:||Kaiser Shipyards, Swan Island, Portland, Oregon|
|Launched:||5 July 1943|
|Identification:||IMO number: 5017462|
|Fate:||Scrapped in 1978|
|Class and type:||T2 tanker|
|Tonnage:||10,448 GRT / 16,613 DWT|
|Length:||523 ft (159 m)|
|Beam:||68 ft (21 m)|
|Installed power:||6,000 hp (4,500 kW)|
|Speed:||15 knots (28 km/h)|
|Range:||12,600 nautical miles (14,500 mi; 23,300 km)|
Sackett's Harbor survived the war basically unscathed but on 1 March 1946 she was sailing between Yokosuka and Balboa when she broke in half about 800 miles southwest of Adak, Alaska. The bow of the ship was sunk but the stern continued to float. The stern section was able to get to Adak under her own power. The only reported fatalities were two cats.
The ship was later towed to Anchorage, Alaska where she served as Anchorage's first major power source. The ship's electric drive supplied about 55% of Anchorage's electricity requirements from 1946 to 1955. In 1955, she was replaced by the Eklutna Dam.
The ship was given a new bow around 1957 and was rechristened as the SS Angelo Petri. She was fitted with stainless steel tanks and hauled wine for the Associated Vintners from Stockton, California through the Panama Canal to the East Coast.