Queenworth was a 2,066 GRT collier which was built in 1943 as Empire Citizen by Grangemouth Dockyard Co Ltd, Grangemouth for the Ministry of War Transport (MoWT). In 1946 she was sold into merchant service and renamed Queenworth, serving until 1960 when she was scrapped.
|Port of registry:|
|Builder:||Grangemouth Dockyard Co Ltd|
|Class and type:||Collier|
|Length:||272 ft 0 in (82.91 m)|
|Beam:||40 ft 0 in (12.19 m)|
|Depth:||17 ft 2 in (5.23 m)|
|Installed power:||Triple expansion steam engine|
The ship was propelled by a triple expansion steam engine, which had cylinders of 17 inches (43 cm), 27 inches (69 cm) and 48 inches (120 cm) diameter by 36 inches (91 cm) stroke.
Empire Citizen was built for the MoWT. She was placed under the management of the Tanfield Steamship Co Ltd. Her port of registry was Grangemouth. The Code Letters BFLK and the United Kingdom Official Number 160699 were allocated.
In 1945, Empire Citizen was sold to the Watergate Steamship Co Ltd, Newcastle upon Tyne and was renamed Queenworth. She was operated under the management of Dalgliesh Ltd, Newcastle upon Tyne. Queenworth served until 1960 when she was scrapped at Dunston on Tyne.