|Owner:||Ball William, Chatham|
|Port of registry:||
|Builder:||F.W. Wheeler & Co.|
|Out of service:||29 September 1919|
|Fate:||Struck a shoal and foundered|
|Length:||46.6 metres (152 ft 11 in)|
|Beam:||8.8 metres (28 ft 10 in)|
|Depth:||2 metres (6 ft 7 in)|
|Installed power:||Triple expansion steam engine|
Ossifrage was constructed in 1883 out of wood at the F.W. Wheeler & Co. shipyard in West Bay City, Michigan. She was completed in 1883 and she was named Ossifrage and served from 1883 until her demise in 1919.
The ship was 46.6 metres (152 ft 11 in) long, with a beam of 8.8 metres (28 ft 10 in) and a depth of 2 metres (6 ft 7 in). The ship was assessed at 383 GRT. She had a Triple expansion steam engine driving a single screw propeller and one Scotch boiler. The engine was rated at 540 nhp.
On 29 September 1919, Ossifrage was being towed from Wallace, Nova Scotia, Canada to Souris, Prince Edward Island, Canada when she hit a Shoal in the Northumberland Strait. The ship foundered with no casualties.
The wreck position is currently unknown.
- "Ossifrage". Wrecksite. 29 September 2015. Retrieved 29 September 2015.