|Ordered:||1914 Peacetime order|
|Builder:||Germaniawerft, Kiel, Germany|
|Launched:||16 January 1915|
|Commissioned:||20 August 1915|
|Draft:||3.74 m (fwd); 3.45 meters (aft)|
|Speed:||34.5 knots (63.9 km/h)|
|Complement:||83 officers and sailors|
G39 was assigned to the High Seas Fleet of the Kaiserliche Marine when she participated in the Battle of Jutland. She served as the leader of the First Torpedo Boat Flotilla in this action under the command of Commander Conrad Albrecht. Admiral Hipper transferred from Lützow to G39 during the Battle of Jutland prior to his transfer to the Moltke.
After the end of hostilities, G39 was interned at Scapa Flow and scuttled. One of the crew members on her last voyage was Leopold Bürkner, who later became head of foreign affairs intelligence during the Third Reich. He was interned until 29 January 1920.
The boat was salvaged by Ernest Cox on 3 July 1925.
- "Bürkner, Leopold". Bordgemeinschaft der Emdenfahrer. Retrieved 18 October 2013.