SMK Bandar Baru Ampang
Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Bandar Baru Ampang (SMKBBA) (English: Bandar Baru Ampang High School; Chinese: 安邦新镇国中) is situated in the town of Bandar Baru Ampang, Selangor, Malaysia. The school motto is the Malay phrase: Berilmu dan Beramal. SMKBBA was established on 1 January 2002 with 383 students and 32 teachers. The principal is Tuan Haji Abdul Gaffar bin Kunchi Mohd.
|SMK Bandar Baru Ampang|
Bandar Baru Ampang,
|Motto||Berilmu dan Beramal|
|School district||Hulu Langat|
|Principal||Tuan Haji Abdul Gaffar bin Kunchi Mohd (2002-2010)|
|Grades||Remove class, First form to fifth form|
|Gender||Male & Female|
|Medium of language||Malay language|
|Affiliations||Ministry Of Education Malaysia|
SMKBBA will strive to use all resources available to:
1. Improve the quality of management and services by improving management and administration and financial management of schools.
2. Improve academic performance and personality development of students through curriculum strengthening, students affair management, and curriculum management.
3. Improve the professionalism of the organization through the consolidation of human resource management.
4. Creating a school culture that is conducive for strengthening the physical development management and community relations.
To foster collaboration and harmonious relationship between the school and community.
To produce outstanding individuals who have high noble and self-esteem.
To create an environment that is conducive to the development of potentials of individuals.
To show the edifice as a clean, cheerful and beautiful school.
Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Bandar Baru Ampang started operating on 1 January 2002. In the early stage, the school had to operate in SMK Tasik Permai for a year due to the delay in the school’s building completion. In the first year, the school consisted of 7 Remove classes, 6 Form 1 classes which held 383 students. It had 32 teachers and 5 staff.
The first Principal (known as the Headmaster) of SMK Bandar Baru Ampang is Tuan Haji Abdul Gaffar bin Kunchi Mohd from Kajang, Selangor. On 28 November 2002, YB Tan Sri Musa Mohamed, The Minister of Education Malaysia visited the building site.
On 1 January 2003, the construction work of the school was done and the secondary school was moved to its location in Bandar Baru Ampang, Selangor with permission from the Minister of Education Malaysia. At that time, SMK Bandar Baru Ampang consisted of five Remove classes, ten Form1 classes and five Form2 classes, with a total of 742 students. There were 40 teachers and 6 staff.
The school magazine of the SMKBBA is named the Cemerlang. It is published annually by the Cemerlang Editorial Board.
Certain subjects are compulsory:
- Bahasa Melayu / Malay Language
- English / Bahasa Inggeris
- Islamic Education / Pendidikan Islam - for all Muslim students
- Moral Knowledge / Pendidikan Moral - for all non-Muslim students
- History / Sejarah
- Mathematics / Matematik
- Science / Sains (counted as a compulsory subject for non-Science stream students)
- Additional Mathematics / Matematik Tambahan
- Basic Economies / Ekonomi Asas
- Business Studies / Perdagangan
- Principles of Accountancy / Prinsip Akaun
Below are the additional subjects student can choose from: