S.O.S. (1928 film)
S.O.S. is a 1928 British silent adventure film directed by Leslie S. Hiscott and starring Robert Loraine, Bramwell Fletcher and Ursula Jeans. The film takes its title from the morse code distress signal S.O.S.. It was made at Lime Grove Studios.
|Directed by||Leslie S. Hiscott|
|Produced by||Julius Hagen|
|Written by||Walter Ellis (play)|
|Distributed by||Allied Artists|
The film marked director Hiscott's first move from comedy films, which he had begun his career making, into the straight dramatic films that would become best known for.
- Robert Loraine as Owen Herriott
- Bramwell Fletcher as Herriott
- Ursula Jeans as Lady Weir
- Lewis Dayton as Sir Julian Weir
- Andrée Sacré as Judy Weir
- Campbell Gullan as Karensky
- Anita Sharp-Bolster as Mme. Karensky
- Viola Lyel as Effie
- Low p.455
- Low, Rachel. The History of British Film: Volume IV, 1918–1929. Routledge, 1997.
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.