|Date of birth||22 June 1988|
|Place of birth||Osaka Prefecture, Japan|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||95 kg (14 st 13 lb; 209 lb)|
|School||Tokai High School|
|Rugby union career|
In 2011, Yamanaka received a 2 year ban from the IRB for rubbing a cream on his upper lip - in an attempt to promote moustache growth - which contained a banned steroid, either methyltestosterone or methandriol.
In his home country he plays for the Kobelco Steelers whom he joined in 2013. He was also named in the first ever Sunwolves squad which will compete in Super Rugby from the 2016 season. Yamanaka is a Japanese international who debuted against the Arabian Gulf in 2010, but did not make the squad for either the 2011 or 2015 Rugby World Cups.
- "Ryohei Yamanaka ESPN Scrum Player Profile". ESPN. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "Ryohei Yamanaka Top League Player Profile". Top League (in Japanese). Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "Japan's Ryohei Yamanaka banned for two years over drug use despite moustache claims". The Telegraph. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- "Ryohei Yamanaka Kobelco Steelers Player Profile". Kobelco Steelers (in Japanese). Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "Ryohei Yamanaka itsrugby Player Statistics". itsrugby.co.uk. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "Sunwolves reveal squad, Hammett to coach". Sanzar Rugby. 21 December 2015. Retrieved 23 December 2015.