Ryan International Group of Institutions
Ryan International Schools are a group of private educational institutions in India founded in 1976 by Dr. Augustine Francis Pinto. The Ryan Group started its first school in Mumbai in 1976 and currently has 135+ schools located in India, along with international footprints in many countries. The school has presence in major locations of Maharashtra, Delhi-NCR and Karnataka.The group is in collaboration with universities in USA, UK, Germany, France, Switzerland, Australia to facilitate learning across global boundaries.
|Ryan International Group of Institutions|
|Motto||"Excellence in Education & All Round Development"|
|Patron saint(s)||St. Xavier|
|Founder||Dr. A. F. Pinto|
|School board||CBSE, ICSE SSC|
|Chairman||Dr. A. F. Pinto|
|Campus Director||Grace Pinto|
|Student to teacher ratio||42:1|
|Medium of language||English|
Unlike other Indian private chains, RIGI has a centralized command over all of it schools and doesn't follow a franchisee model, and is arguably India’s largest private sector schools chain. According to a report by News 18 on September 2017, the group employs over 18,000 faculty members, and over 30,000 students pass from Ryan schools annually. Students of Ryan International Schools are commonly known as Ryanites.
In the initial attempts to set up an English Medium school for the middle class in Mumbai, Dr Augustine Francis Pinto, the founder-promoter and the chairman of RIGI set up a small school in 1974, which failed to take off. However, he and Grace Albuquerque (Madam Grace Pinto), who was a teacher at that time, eventually succeeded in establishing St. Xavier’s High School in Borivali East, a Mumbai suburb.
Ryan International Group follows CBSE, ICSE, SSC-HSC, and IGCSE(A & O Level) International Baccalaureate (IB) - Primary Years Programme (PYP) in different schools under its umbrella. In the 2019, 10th and 12th Results, students of Ryan International Group secured top ranks in district, school and national level in both the ICSE & CBSE formats.
Awards and Recognition
- The school received the Samson Daniel Award from HelpAge India in 2015
- 2015 - 12 schools of Ryan International Group of Institutions were ranked among the best schools in the international, CBSE and ICSE.
- 2015 - Madam Grace Pinto; Managing Director of the group, received The World's Greatest Leaders Award 2015 by the United Research Services Media Consulting PL and AsiaOne Magazine at the Indo-UAE Business Summit 2015, held in the United Arab Emirates.
- 2017 - Madam Grace Pinto was awarded with the Lifetime Achievement in Education by MidDay .
International Children’s Festival of Performing Arts
The School hold yearly International Children’s Festival of Performing Arts . The 14th edition of the event held in January 2016 in Mumbai with the theme ‘Celebrating Diversity’. The event attracted over 40000 students including notable individuals from India and 17 different countries
This section contains only alumni for whom there is a Wikipedia article.
- Ryan International School murder case: 5 unanswered questions after 3 days of police probe
- "Ryan International School owners used dubious finance company to launder crores, says Sebi report". Retrieved 12 September 2017.
- Admin, India Education Diary Bureau (6 June 2019). "Ryan International School explains why International Exchange Programs benefit children in their school years!". India Education Diary. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- "http://educationworld.in//EWIssue.aspx". EducationWorld.in. Retrieved 12 July 2019. External link in
- "Ryanites take on dares at adventure camp - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- "Meet Pintos, the Family Behind 130 Ryan International Schools in India". News18. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- September 12, Prabhash K. Dutta; September 12, 2017UPDATED:; Ist, 2017 11:50. "Ryan International School: How son of a farmer built his business empire of education". India Today. Retrieved 12 July 2019.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "Tata ClassEdge goes international with Ryan International Schools, UAE". Times Of India. 3 February 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Samson Daniel Award presented to the Ryan International Group of Institutions in New Delhi". Time of India. 3 October 2015. Retrieved 3 August 2018.
- "The Ryan International Group of Institutions awarded the best schools at an event in Bengaluru". Times Of India. 16 December 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "City educationist Madam Grace Pinto receives International honour in Mumbai". Times of India. 6 January 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Madam Grace Pinto receives the Inspiring Business Leader Award- RYAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL". credent.in. 9 April 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Mumbai: Grace Pinto receives 'Lifetime Achievement in Education' Award". Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- Rajesh Mascarenhas, "Ryan Internation [sic] School MD Grace Pinto named in Sebi interim order". Economic Times. 25 March 2015. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- Tarique Anwar, "Meet Grace Pinto: The woman responsible for Ryan International's BJP membership drive". First Post. 19 March 2015. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Ryan International Group of Institutions: Management". Archived from the original on 24 January 2013. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- Vinamrata Borwankar, "International Children's Festival of Performing Arts begins on Wednesday". Times of India. 5 January 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Ryan International Children's Festival of Performing Arts held in Mumbai". Times of India. 13 January 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- Rons Bantwal, "Mumbai: Ryan's 14th International Children's Festival of Performing Arts - 2016". bellevision.com. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Art festival for children". livemint.com. 5 January 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.