Rugby School Thailand
Rugby School Thailand (Thai: โรงเรียนนานาชาติรักบี้) (RST) is a private co-educational British international school in Bang Lamung District, Chonburi, Thailand. It is a day and boarding school similar to its sister school, Rugby School in the UK. Its 80 acre (190 rai campus is approximately 110 km from Bangkok and 20 km from Pattaya. RST offers Britain's national curriculum to both Thai and international students.
|Rugby School Thailand|
|School type||British Private School|
(Latin: "I prayed, I worked / Through prayer I work")
|Sister school||Rugby School UK|
|Headmaster||Nigel Westlake (Prep), Alan Ball (Senior)|
|Key people||Kirk Peter Green (Dept Head Academic Senior), Dave Ennis-Billing (Dept Head Pastoral Senior), Sarah Howell (Dept Head Academic Prep), David Dawson (Dept Head Pastoral Prep), Sarah Shuttleworth (Head Pre-Prep)|
|Years offered||Pre-nursery (2 yo) to the XX (18 yo)|
|Age range||2 - 18|
|Education system||Britain's National Curriculum|
|Houses||School House (Senior Boarders),
Tudor House (Senior Day Girls)Sheriff House (Senior Day Boys)
|Slogan||The Whole Person, The Whole Point|
|Accreditation||Cambridge Assessments International Examinations
|School roll||420 (2018)|
In 2015, Nigel Westlake, former headmaster of Packwood Haugh School and Brambletye School, joined with Wisdom Enterprise (owned by the Teepsuwan family) to set up a new international school in Thailand. With over 30 years experience in the UK independent sector, with 15 of those as head, Mr. Westlake serves as the founding headmaster of the new project.
The 80-acre campus opened for pre-prep and prep school in September 2017 and opened for senior school in September 2018.
Rugby School Thailand offers the UK National Curruculum, supplemented by selected components of the British Private School Curriculum, for key stages 0-2 from pre-nursery up to Year 6 (ages 2-10).
In September 2018, the school opened with 145 students for key stages 3-5 (ages 12-18) and also offer the internationally recognised qualifications IGCSEs, and A-Levels. The school will eventually be able to accommodate roughly 1,250 pupils.
Boarding at Rugby School Thailand began in September 2018 and is available to children from Years 3-13.
- Day boarding - Day pupils may board for up to two fixed nights per week.
- Weekly boarding - Weekly boarders board for four or five nights per week (Monday to Friday).
- Full boarding - Full boarding pupils will board every night of the week throughout the term. They will be able to go home at leave weekends or over half-term.
Tuition fees range from 380,000 to 750,000 baht per year. Boarding fees are 2,500 baht per night for Day Boarding, 330,000 baht per annum for Weekly Boarding and 390,000 baht per annum for Full Boarding.
At the 80-acre campus, facilities include:
- Four swimming pools: Pre-Prep splash pool (complete), Prep 25 meter pool (complete) and Senior 50 m and 25 m pools (due January 2020)
- Two sport halls; one covered (complete) one air-conditioned (due January 2020)
- Pitch and Put Golf Course (planned)
- Tennis courts (under construction)
- Two futsal pitches (planned)
- Five football/rugby/cricket pitches (complete)
- 400 m track with shaded viewing platform (planned)
- Boarding houses for prep and senior students (2 complete)
- Lake and boat house (complete)
- Music and drama auditorium (planned)
- Senior art and design centre (planned)
- Senior science centre (September 2019)
- Sixth form centre (complete)
- Dining halls (1 complete)
- "Pre-Prep, Prep, Senior", Rugby School Thailand
- "Wisdom Enterprise collaborates with Rugby School", Bangkok Post'
- "Rugby School Thailand: The Whole Person is The Whole Point", The BigChilli
- "Academic Ambition", Rugby School Thailand
- "British traditions transplanted in Chon Buri". Bangkok Post. 9 February 2018. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "Pastoral Care, Boarding", Rugby School Thailand
- "School Fees". Rugby School Thailand. Retrieved 11 November 2018.