Rubber Industry Smallholders Development Authority
Rubber Industry Smallholders Development Authority (Malay: Pihak Berkuasa Kemajuan Pekebun Kecil Perusahaan Getah), abbreviated RISDA, is a Malaysian federal government agency under the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MEA) entrusted to oversee the smallholder sector as an important production sector in the national economy. RISDA was established on 1 January 1973 under the powers passed by Parliament:- the Rubber Industry Smallholders Development Authority (RISDA) Act 1972 [Act 85] and the Rubber Industry Fund (Replanting) Ordinance 1952.
|Pihak Berkuasa Kemajuan Pekebun Kecil Perusahaan Getah|
|Federal agency overview|
|Formed||1 January 1973|
|Headquarters||Bangunan RISDA, KM 7, Jalan Ampang, 50990 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.|
|Federal agency executive|
|Parent Federal agency||Ministry of Economic Affairs|
|Rubber Industry Smallholders Development Authority on Facebook|
- To implement development policies and programs to ensure the growth and viability of the smallholder sector of rubber industry;
- To plan, coordinate, implement and monitor the Scheme provided and approved under the provisions of Part VI of the RISDA Act 1972;
- To provide technical services, advice, training and education programs to the smallholder sector;
- To collect and manage statistics or information necessary and maintain records relating to the smallholder sector;
- To plan and implement any other activities that may improve the social and economic well-being of smallholders;
- To ensure that the smallholder sector is modernized to improve the social and economic well-being of smallholders;
- To do any other things that enable it to perform its functions effectively or incidental to the performance of its functions.
To be the agency of "Smallholders Development Leader"
To build a progressive and prosperous smallho;ders community through farming and commercial activities.
Minimum income of RM4000.00 monthly per smallholder family before 2020.
RISDA Is committed to manage Replanting Assistance Programmes efficiently and effectively to meet the needs of small farmers.
RISDA objective is creating sense of responsibility and commitment among all staffs in all offices to enhance the efficiency, effectiveness and customer's satisfaction.
- "Azmin on Risda allocation: Dr M insisted the poor receive financial aid". The Star. 22 December 2018. Retrieved 23 December 2018.
- Mohamad Shofi Mat Isa (2 April 2018). "RISDA agih dividen RM112.33 juta" (in Malay). Utusan Malaysia. Retrieved 18 December 2018.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)