Rosalinda (Philippine TV series)
Rosalinda is a 2009 Philippine television drama romance series broadcast by GMA Network. The series is based on the 1999 television series of the same title. Directed by Maryo J. de los Reyes and Gil Tejada Jr., it stars Carla Abellana in the title role and Geoff Eigenmann. It premiered on July 6, 2009 on the network's Telebabad line up replacing Totoy Bato. The series concluded on November 27, 2009 with a total of 105 episodes. It was replaced by Full House in its timeslot.
|Based on||Rosalinda (1999)|
|Developed by||RJ Nuevas|
|Opening theme||"Ay Amor! (Umiibig si Rosalinda)" by La Diva|
|Ending theme||"Himig" by Carla Abellana|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||105|
|Executive producer(s)||Wilma Galvante|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMA Entertainment TV|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||July 6 –|
November 27, 2009
Rosalinda is a Mexican telenovela that was aired in 1999 on Televisa with singer-actress Thalía in the title role and Fernando Carrillo as Fernando Jose. The series had 80 forty-five-minute episodes, It was originally created by Delia Fiallo.
The Mexican series was aired in the Philippines in 2000, dubbing in Tagalog language. After airing its first episode, its ratings began to rise and Rosalinda became the most popular telenovela in the Philippines after Marimar. Re-runs of Rosalinda were aired on GMA Network in 2008 to 2009.
The series starts with a woman named Soledado. Attorney Alfredo Del Castillo is Soledad's boss and secret lover. Jose Fernando Atlamirano, Alfredo's brother-in-law, feels lust for Soledad, but she only has eyes for Alfredo. One day, Jose Fernando sends a letter to Soledad pretending to be Alfredo. When she arrives at their meeting place, Jose Fernando tries to rape Soledad. Alfredo arrives just in time and kills Jose Fernando to save Soledad. However, Alfredo collapses from a seizure, and Soledad is left holding the gun as the help and a young Fernando Jose, Jose Fernando's son, arrives on the scene. Jose Fernando's wife and Alfredo's sister, Dona Valeria, does not believe that it was Alfredo who killed her husband, but blames Soledad. As such, Soledad is sent to prison for 24 years for a crime she did not commit.
While serving her sentence, Soledad gives birth to a baby girl, naming her Rosalinda. But because she is incarcerated, she is forced to give the baby to her sister, Dolores Perez . At the same time, Dolores' daughter dies. To avoid telling her husband, Javier, the truth, she tells him that Rosalinda is their daughter. When Soledad finds out, she gets angry, but she also realizes that her daughter will have a better future not knowing that her real mother is in jail.
Years later, Rosalinda is now an adult and falls in love with the handsome Fernando Jose. Neither knows the truth about their respective pasts. When Dona Valeria finds out that Fernando Jose is in a relationship, she gets mad at her son for dating someone beneath their social status. Dolores and Rosalinda's sister, Fedra also does not accept their relationship because she is also infatuated with Fernando Jose. But despite all the things and people going against them, Rosalinda and Fernando Jose find a way to keep their love strong.
Cast and characters
- Lead cast
- Carla Abellana as Rosalinda Perez-Altamirano / Rosalinda Del Castillo-Altamirano / Paloma Dorantes
- Geoff Eigenmann as Fernando Jose Salvador-Altamirano
- Supporting cast
- Katrina Halili as Fedra Perez
- Jomari Yllana as Alessandro Durantes
- Sheryl Cruz as Valeria del Castillo-Altamirano
- Jackie Lou Blanco as Veronica Salvador-Altamirano
- Ariel Rivera as Alfredo Del Castillo
- Glydel Mercado as Soledad Romero
- Jessa Zaragosa as Evangelina Kintanar-del Castillo
- Ryza Cenon as Abril Del Castillo
- Gary Estrada as Javier Perez
- Mart Escudero as Beto Perez
- Krystal Reyes as Lucy Perez
- Gian Magdangal as Gerardo De Navarette
- Roderick Paulate as Florencio
- Sheena Halili as Becky
- Mike Tan as Rico
- Marco Alcaraz as Anibal
- Carlene Aguilar as Rodora
- Yul Servo as Roberto
- Sherilyn Reyes as Dulce
- Marky Lopez as Julio
- Ayen Munji-Laurel as Berta Alvarez / Delia
- Sheree Bautista as Natalia
- Guest cast
- Carlos Morales as Jose Fernando Altamirano
- Jennifer Sevilla as Dolores Romero Perez
- Mymy Davao as Clarita
- Isabel Oli as Austerica Carvajal
- Bernard Palanca as Allan
- Ana Capri as a client of a mental hospital
- Charlie Davao as Victor Durantes
- Bebs Hollmann as Pamela
- Chelsea Eugenio as young Rosalinda
- Francheska Salcedo as young Fedra
According to AGB Nielsen Philippines' Mega Manila household television ratings, the pilot episode of Rosalinda earned a 26.3% rating. While the final episode scored a 27% rating.
- 2010 PMPC Star Awards for Television's "Best Female-New TV Personality" - Carla Abellana
- "Thalia gives personalized message to Maria Mercedes star Jessy Mendiola: 'You're going to make an amazing job.'". Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "FIRST READ ON PEP: Newcomer Carla Abellana to portray Pinay Rosalinda". Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "GMA-7 buys rights to remake Mexican telenovela 'Rosalinda'". Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- Rosalinda colors primetime viewing starting July 6
- FRST READ ON PEP: Newcomer Carla Abellana to portray Pinay Rosalinda pep.ph
- Santiago, Erwin (July 7, 2009). "AGB Mega Manila TV Ratings (July 3-6): Rosalinda does well, but falls short of expectations". Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- Santiago, Erwin (December 2, 2009). "AGB Mega Manila TV Ratings (Nov. 27-Dec. 1): 24 Oras and Darna share weeknight primetime leadership". Retrieved March 7, 2018.