As Buchan in Freewheelers (1971)
Ronald Frederick Leigh-Hunt
5 October 1920
|Died||12 September 2005 84) (aged|
His father was a stockbroker and he attended the Italia Conti Academy. He began acting whilst serving in the army. Though never a major star, he appeared in over a hundred television and film productions over a forty-year period, including as King Arthur in The Adventures of Sir Lancelot in the mid-1950s, and General Hospital in the early 1970s.
He appeared in Danger Man and twice in Doctor Who, as Commander Radnor in The Seeds of Death (1969) and as Commander Stevenson in Revenge of the Cybermen (1975); and starred as Colonel Buchan in every episode of the 1960s and 1970s children's TV series Freewheelers. Later he appeared in "You Lose Some, You Win Some", an episode of series 2 of Minder.
In his later years he was a familiar sight at the Green Room Club where he was an honorary member.
His cousin is the actress Barbara Leigh- Hunt.
- No Orchids for Miss Blandish (1948) - Grisson's Guard (uncredited)
- Blackout (1950) - Dr. Langley
- No Trace (1950) - Party Guest (uncredited)
- Paul Temple Returns (1952) - Inspector Ross
- Tread Softly (1952) - Inspector Hinton
- The Broken Horseshoe (1953) - Sgt. Lewis
- Three Steps to the Gallows (1953) - Capt. Adams
- Forces' Sweetheart (1953) - Navy C.O.
- Flannelfoot (1953) - Dr. Milligan
- Johnny on the Spot (1954) - Jeremy Oulton (uncredited)
- Tiger by the Tail (1955) - Doctor Scott, psychiatrist
- Shadow of a Man (1956) - Norman Farrel
- Assignment Redhead (1956) - Col. Julian Fentriss M.I.5.
- Pasaporte al infierno (1956) - Kleivar
- Zoo Baby (1957) - Supt. Copton
- A Touch of Larceny (1960) - 2nd Editor (uncredited)
- Sink the Bismarck! (1960) - Somers, Officer on 'King George V' (uncredited)
- The League of Gentlemen (1960) - Police Superintendent - Final Scene (uncredited)
- Oscar Wilde (1960) - Lionel Johnson
- Piccadilly Third Stop (1960) - Police Sergeant
- The Hand (1960) - Munyard
- Very Important Person (1961) - Clynes
- We Joined the Navy (1962) - Commander Royal Navy
- Der Schwur des Soldaten Pooley (1963) - (uncredited)
- Seventy Deadly Pills (1964) - Sergeant
- The Third Secret (1964) - Police Officer
- The Pumpkin Eater (1964) - 2nd Man in Bar (uncredited)
- Curse of Simba (1965) - Doctor
- The Liquidator (1965) - Mac
- Khartoum (1966) - Lord Northbrook (uncredited)
- Where the Bullets Fly (1966) - Thursby
- Hostile Witness (1968) - Dr. Wimborne
- Clegg (1970) - Inspector Kert
- Le Mans (1971) - David Townsend
- Universal Soldier (1971) - St. George
- Baxter! (1973) - Mr. Fishie
- The Omen (1976) - Gentleman at Rugby Match
- The Message (1976) - Heraclius
- Who Is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe? (1978) - Priest marrying Bobby and Natasha (uncredited)
- Frankenstein (1992) - Alphonse