Roman Sergeevich Madyanov (Russian: Рома́н Серге́евич Мадя́нов; born July 22, 1962) is a Soviet and Russian actor. Madyanov's career in cinema began as a child actor when he starred as Huckleberry Finn in Hopelessly Lost (1973). He is best known in the West for portraying the corrupt mayor Vadim in the 2014 film Leviathan.
Roman Sergeevitsch Madyanov
22 July 1962
|Awards||Honored Artist of the Russian Federation|
Roman Madyanov was born on July 22, 1962 in the city of Dedovsk, Moscow Region. His father, Sergei Veniaminovich Madyanov, worked as a television editor, and mother Antonina Mikhailovna as a librarian.
Roman Madyanov's father worked as a director on television and often took Roman and his elder brother Vadim to work. There he was noticed by assistants of directors which led him to have his cinematic debut in 1971 in an episodic role in the film "Translation from English".
In 1973, starred in the leading role of Huckleberry Finn in the picture by Georgiy Daneliya Hopelessly Lost. In his school years Roman Madyanov also starred in the films "Aniskin and Fantomas", "Spring Turners" and "Everything is Brother's Fault".
Madyanov graduated from the Russian Academy of Theatre Arts (course O. Remez), playing in the theatrical performance of director Kama Ginkas. As a student he began to play at the Moscow Mayakovsky Theater. He was drafted in the army and served in the forces of rocket and space defense. After serving in the army in 1987 he returned to the theater. In the state of the theater Madyanov was about twenty years old, having played about thirty roles.
He also took part in the filming of the Yeralash magazine, a number of commercials.
Roman Madyanov has starred in over 145 films
- 1973 — Hopelessly Lost (Russian: Совсем пропащий) as Huckleberry Finn
- 1989 — Private Detective, or Operation Cooperation (Частный детектив или операция "Кооперация") as Victor
- 2005 — The Case of Dead Souls (Дело о Мёртвых душах) as Ivan Shpekin
- 2005 — Yesenin (Есенин) as Sergey Kirov
- 2006 — The First Circle (В круге первом) as Viktor Abakumov
- 2007 — 12 (Двенадцать) as 12th Juror
- 2007 — The Irony of Fate 2 (Ирония Судьбы. Продолжение) as police officer
- 2009 — Wild Field (Дикое поле) as Ryabov
- 2009 — Pete on the Way to Heaven (Петя по дороге в Царствие Небесное) as Colonel Boguslavsky
- 2009 — High Security Vacation (Каникулы строгого режима) as Klyk
- 2010 — Our Russia. The Balls of Fate (Наша Russia. Яйца судьбы) as Oleg Robertovich
- 2011 — Yolki 2 (Ёлки 2) as employee of the State Traffic Safety Inspectorate
- 2011 — All Inclusive (All inclusive, или Всё включено!) as Eduard Budko
- 2012 — Once Upon a Time There Lived a Simple Woman (Жила-была одна баба) as Baranchik
- 2013 — Legend № 17 (Легенда №17) as Vladimir Alfer
- 2014 — Leviathan (Левиафан) as mayor
- 2015 — Catherine the Great (Великая) as Alexander Shuvalov
- 2016 – The Groom (Жених) as general
- 2016 – The Monk and the Demon (Монах и бес) as bishop
- 2017 — The Road to Calvary (Хождение по мукам) as Olovyannikov
Awards and nominations
|1995||State Prize of the Russian Federation||Lifetime Achievement||Honored Artist of the Russian Federation||Won|
|2008||Golden Eagle Award||12||Best Leading Actor||Won|
|2009||Nika Award||Wild Field||Best Supporting Actor||Won|
|2010||Nika Award||Pete on the Way to Heaven||Best Supporting Actor||Won|
|2012||Nika Award||Once Upon a Time There Lived a Simple Woman||Best Supporting Actor||Won|
|2015||Golden Eagle Award||Leviathan||Best Supporting Actor||Won|