Rok plc was a British construction company, based in Exeter. Rok went into administration in 2010.
|Stephen Pettit, (Chairman)|
Garvis Snook, (CEO)
Number of employees
The company, which began as Exeter Building Contractors Ltd, was formed in 1939 to take on government contracts at the start of the Second World War. This company became EBC Group, and was relaunched as Rok in 2001, with the slogan The Nation's Local Builder.
Rok's largest acquisition was in 2006, when they bought Inverness-based Tulloch Construction for £31.3 million, with Tulloch's 875 staff transferred to Rok. This included The Corrie Group, Tulloch's engineering, plumbing and electrical division.
Rok's affordable housing and construction businesses were bought by Balfour Beatty for £7 million. Balfour Beatty said the businesses and 381 employees would become part of Mansell, its regional construction business.
- "Building firm Lemmeleg sold to Rok". Yorkshire Post. 7 July 2005. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "Nation's local builder Roks on with 54% operating profit rise". Citywire. 14 August 2007. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "Highlands construction firm sold". BBC News. 27 September 2006. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- "Rok enters administration". BBC News. 8 November 2010. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- "Balfour buys Rok businesses for £7 million". Reuters. 19 November 2010. Retrieved 10 February 2018.