Rohit Bal is a fashion designer from New Delhi, India. He designs for both men and women. Rohit Bal was born in Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir. He graduated from Burn Hall School, Srinagar and then received a bachelor's degree in history from St. Stephens College.
Rohit Bal in 2011
|Education||Woodlands, Burn Hall School, Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, St. Stephen's College, Delhi,|
|Awards||IFA Designer of the Year in 2001 and 2004|
Bal was also chosen by the Khadi Gram Udyog, the largest handloom textile operation in Panchkula, to work with them. Bal won the 'Designer of the Year' award at the Indian Fashion Awards in 2006. He has also won 'Designer of the Year' at the Kingfisher Fashion Achievement Awards in 2001. He was awarded as the Lakme Grand Finale Designer for 2012.
Bal has designed costumes for the popular Indian game show Kaun Banega Crorepati.
Bal opened a flagship store in Delhi, as well as stores in Mumbai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Kolkata and Chennai. Bal has also ventured into designing jewellery. He is best known for his use of lotus and peacock motifs. He frequently uses rich fabrics like velvet, brocade and his designs are elaborate, inspired by Indian grandeur and royalty.
- Dugal, Jasmeen. "Rohit Bal". Know Your Designers. Explosive Fashion. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- Vyavahare, Renuka (23 February 2012). "Rohit Bal to host Lakme Grand Finale". Times of India. Bennett, Coleman & Co. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- Arora, Tony (2 July 2012). "India's Fashion 'Bad Boy'". Bangkok Post. Retrieved 7 June 2019.
- Ahuja, Shilpa. "Rohit Bal Autumn Winter 2015 Couture Fashion Show Review". Shilpa's Lifestyle Blog. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- "India Couture Week 2016: The finale by Rohit Bal was a showcase of opulence and grandeur". 25 July 2016. Retrieved 4 August 2016.