Rockingham General Hospital
Rockingham General Hospital is a public hospital in Rockingham, Western Australia, in the south west of the Perth Metropolitan Region. The 18-hectare (44-acre) hospital was originally known as Rockingham Kwinana District Hospital, but was renamed in 2008 during a major redevelopment. The 229-bed hospital has an emergency department, operating theatres, and medical, surgical and paediatric wards. There are also aged care rehabilitation, intensive care, chemotherapy, and obstetrics units.
|Rockingham General Hospital|
The front view of Rockingham General Hospital
|Location||Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia|
|Lists||Hospitals in Australia|
A major redevelopment to upgrade the district hospital to a larger general hospital began in June 2007. The first phase was the construction of a new building, completed in October 2008; the second phase involved renovating the existing building. A significant portion of the second phase was completed by September 2009, and the project was completed in September 2010 with the opening of new chemotherapy and maternity units.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rockingham General Hospital.|
- "Rockingham General Hospital". Nursing and midwifery in Western Australia. Department of Health, Government of Western Australia. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- "Phase 1 of Rockingham Hospital redevelopment opens". Ministerial Media Statements. Government of Western Australia. 9 October 2008. Archived from the original on 7 April 2013. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- "Industries Bring Progress To Rockingham". The West Australian. Perth: National Library of Australia. 13 February 1954. p. 7. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "More beds, double operating theatre capacity for Rockingham Hospital". Ministerial Media Statements. Government of Western Australia. 9 September 2009. Archived from the original on 5 April 2013. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- "New health facilities opened at Rockingham". Ministerial Media Statements. Government of Western Australia. 24 September 2010. Archived from the original on 7 April 2013. Retrieved 11 February 2013.