|Full name||Robert Teal|
|Date of birth||25 April 1967|
Hawthorn City /|
|Draft||No. 8, 1989 pre-season draft|
|Height||184 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||86 kg (190 lb)|
|1989–1990||Sydney Swans||18 (18)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1990.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Teal was from Hawthorn City originally and spent four years at the Hawthorn Football Club as a reserves player, unable to break into the senior side which were dominating league football. In 1985 he finished equal second in the Morrish Medal, the VFL Under 19's best and fairest award.
Recruited by Sydney via the 1989 pre-season draft, Teal only had to wait until round three to make his debut, against the West Coast Eagles at the Sydney Cricket Ground. Teal, a half-forward, had 21 disposals and kicked three goals. A regular throughout the season, he finished the year with a 27 disposal and four goal performance at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, in a win over North Melbourne. His VFL career would be short, Teal played just once more for Sydney, late in the 1990 AFL season.
- Holmesby, Russell; Main, Jim (2007). The Encyclopedia Of AFL Footballers. BAS Publishing. ISBN 9781920910785.
- Cockerill, Ian (19 May 1989). "Teal to tackle the Hawk machine". Sydney Morning Herald. p. 50. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- "Hawks share medal". The Age. 3 September 1985. p. 55. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- Lovett, Michael (2004). AFL 2004 - The Official Statistical History Of The AFL. AFL Publishing. ISBN 0-9580300-5-7.
- "Teal gets the nod for Swans". Sydney Morning Herald. 14 April 1989. p. 46. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- Cockerill, Ian (17 April 1989). "Williams provides a spark for the Swans". Sydney Morning Herald. p. 58. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- "Sydney v West Coast - Sun, 16-Apr-1989 2:10 PM - Match Stats". AFL Tables. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- "North Melbourne v Sydney - Fri, 1-Sep-1989 7:40 PM - Match Stats". AFL Tables. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- "Bombers to take off fully loaded". The Canberra Times. ACT: National Library of Australia. 3 September 1989. p. 15. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- "Robert Teal - Games Played". AFL Tables. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- Robert Teal's playing statistics from AFL Tables