|Years of service||1983–present|
|Battles/wars||War in Afghanistan|
|Awards||Member of the Order of the British Empire|
Nitsch was commissioned into the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers in 1983. He became Commander of 102nd Logistic Brigade and went on to be head of logistics for UK forces in Afghanistan. In February 2011 he took part in the joint US-UK investigation into the unsuccessful operation to release Scottish aid worker Linda Norgrove. He became Director of Army Manning in April 2012 and General Officer Commanding Support Command in August 2013.
- "No. 49532". The London Gazette (Supplement). 7 November 1983. p. 14706.
- Visits The Blue Beret, December 2010 / January 2011
- Whitewash fear for Afghanistan kidnap inquiry as MPs express concern about chief investigator Daily Mail, 13 October 2010
- Linda Norgrove coroner praises US forces The Independent, 15 February 2011
- Army Commands Archived 5 July 2015 at the Wayback Machine
- "No. 60728". The London Gazette (Supplement). 31 December 2013. p. 6.
| GOC Support Command