Robert Kendall Lazarsfeld (born April 15, 1953) is an American mathematician, currently a professor at Stony Brook University. He was previously the Raymond L Wilder Collegiate Professor of Mathematics at the University of Michigan. He is the son of sociologist Paul Lazarsfeld. His research focuses on algebraic geometry and from 2012–2013 he served as the Managing Editor of the Michigan Mathematical Journal.
|Alma mater||Brown University Harvard University|
|Institutions||Stony Brook University|
University of Michigan
University of California, Los Angeles
|Doctoral advisor||William Fulton|
|Doctoral students||Christopher Hacon|
In 2006 Lazarsfeld was elected a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. In 2012 he became a fellow of the American Mathematical Society. In 2015 he was awarded the AMS Leroy P. Steele Prize for Mathematical Exposition.
- Lazarsfeld, Robert (2004). Positivity in algebraic geometry, Vol. I. Berlin: Springer. ISBN 3-540-22533-1.; Positivity in algebraic geometry, Vol. II. 2004. ISBN 3-540-22534-X.
- Lazarsfeld, Robert; Van de Ven, Antonius (2012) . Topics in the geometry of projective space: Recent work of FL Zak. DMV Seminar Vol. 4. Birkhäuser; with an addendum by Fyodor Zak
- Robert Lazarsfeld's CV
- Univ. of Michigan Mathematics Dept. Faculty Listing, retrieved 2010-10-27.
- University of Michigan Michigan Math Journal Site
- Robert Lazarsfeld at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Three U-M faculty elected to American Academy of Arts and Sciences. The Record, May 8, 2006, University of Michigan. Accessed May 31, 2011
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-01-27.
- 2015 AMS Leroy P. Steele Prize for Mathematical Exposition
- Kollár, János (2006). "Review: Positivity in algebraic geometry. I–II. by Robert Lazarsfeld" (PDF). Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. (N.S.). 43 (2): 279–280. doi:10.1090/s0273-0979-06-01087-1.