Robert Baggio Kcira
Robert Baggio Kcira (born January 9, 1994) is an American soccer player, of Albanian descent, who plays as either an attacking midfielder or as a forward for Miami FC in the National Premier Soccer League; he is also capable of playing as a left-back.
|Full name||Robert Baggio Kcira|
|Date of birth||January 9, 1994|
|Place of birth||New York City, United States|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Forward / Midfielder|
|New York Red Bulls Academy|
|2012–2015||Wiener Neustadt II||25||(13)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:00, 13 August 2019 (UTC)|
Robert Baggio Kcira began his youth career playing in New York for Clarkstown FC's youth squad where he still holds multiple records for scoring and assists. Kcira was selected to play for the NY State Olympic Development Program (ODP). While playing for ODP, Baggio was invited to play for the U.S. Regional 1 team and then soon selected for the U.S. National Pool. From there, he joined the New York Red Bulls Academy team where he played tournaments in Barcelona, Texas, and other major venues around the globe.
SC Wiener Neustadt
Bypassing college to play soccer professionally, Baggio signed with SC Wiener Neustadt, a member of the Austrian Football Bundesliga, in 2012. It was during the 2014–2015 season where Baggio shined brightest, leading the reserve team in both goals and assists, while helping them place second in the fifth tier. He was then selected to the Starting XI of the league, an honor reserved for the most premiere players at each position.
Born in New York, Kcira is of Albanian origin on his father's side. He was named after his father Frank's sporting idol, Italian former footballer Roberto Baggio.
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Continental||Other||Total|
- Kcira, Baggio (January 31, 2016). "Miami FC Roster". Miami FC Roster. Miami FC.
- Davide Palliggiano (May 25, 2017). "Roma, Totti a Miami? Lo aspettano Nesta e Baggio" (in Italian). Il Corriere dello Sport. Retrieved May 27, 2017.
- "Olympic Development Program | US Youth Soccer". US Youth Soccer. Retrieved April 16, 2016.
- Matteo Politanò (February 23, 2017). "Il Miami FC di Nesta ha un nuovo fantasista: Roby Baggio (Kcira)" (in Italian). Panorama. Retrieved February 23, 2017.
- "SC Wiener Neustadt". www.scwn.at. Retrieved April 16, 2016.
- "Miami FC Adds Youthful Attacking Duo". NASL. January 21, 2016. Retrieved April 16, 2016.
- "MIAMI FC INKS AMBITIOUS NEW YORK DUO". www.miamifc.com. Miami FC. January 21, 2016. Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- "NASL, il Miami FC di Nesta scommette su Robert Baggio" (in Italian). Eurosport. February 23, 2017. Retrieved February 23, 2017.
- "R.Kcira". soccerway.com. Soccerway. Retrieved July 20, 2017.