Rob De Luca
Rob De Luca is an American bassist, vocalist, songwriter and producer. De Luca is best known for playing in UFO and as a founding member of Spread Eagle. He has also toured with Sebastian Bach, OF EARTH and Helmet.
Rob De Luca
Rob De Luca 2011
|Genres||Rock, heavy metal, hard rock, glam metal|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, producer|
|Instruments||Bass Guitar, Vocals, Guitar|
|Labels||MCA/Universal Records, Lovember Records, Frontiers SRL Records, SPV Records, Cleopatra Records|
|Associated acts||Sebastian Bach|
Spread Eagle formed in 1989 and after just a few months of rehearsals they signed a record deal with MCA/Universal Records. They've released two albums: their debut Spread Eagle in 1990 and Open to the Public in 1993. The honesty of Spread Eagle's debut release quickly gained the band worldwide critical acclaim. That debut album was recently voted as one of the top 20 glam albums of all time (along with Guns N' Roses, Mötley Crüe, Hanoi Rocks and Skid Row): In 2006 a remastered version of their debut album was released on Lovember Records. Despite being quite popular among their fans, they never achieved major commercial success and disbanded around 1995. Spread Eagle reunited in 2006 and are currently together and touring. In January 2018 Spread Eagle signed to Frontiers SRL Records for a 2019 studio album release, produced by De Luca.
OF EARTH is a four-piece psychedelic/progressive band from NYC fronted by Rob De Luca on vocals and bass. Their self-titled debut album was mastered by Howie Weinberg and released on February 14, 2010. The album was reviewed by New York Music Daily and referred to as an "Art-Rock Masterpiece". In a 2012 interview with Music Legends, De Luca confirmed that he is working on the follow-up album. On February 21, 2013 OF EARTH released the lead off single 'Prototype' from their sophomore album The Monarch.
In March 2013 Classic Rock magazine nominated "Prototype" for Track of the Week in a poll that also included David Bowie's song "The Stars (Are Out Tonight)" from his album The Next Day. OF EARTH won the competition collecting more than two times as many votes as Bowie, who ranked No. 2. In June 2013 Classic Rock magazine again nominated OF EARTH for Track of the Week, this time for the song "Heart of the Hard Drive". OF EARTH won for the second straight time, gaining almost one third of all votes and beating Nine Inch Nails, Shinedown, Megadeth and Queensrÿche. In February 2015, OF EARTH's song "Sweep the Fire" was chosen as Classic Rock magazine's Track of the Week. The song, from the album The Monarch marks their third consecutive single being picked as Classic Rock magazine Track of the Week.
Sebastian Bach, Helmet
De Luca joined the Sebastian Bach band in 2005. They've toured worldwide as direct support for Guns N' Roses and as a headliner. In 2006 De Luca did the entire leg of the Guns N' Roses Canadian tour playing bass in both support acts (Sebastian Bach and Helmet). Helmet's previous bassist was refused entry at the Canadian border, so De Luca had four hours to learn their ten song set before going onstage at Winnipeg's MTS Centre. By the next day at Calgary Saddledome, he already knew their full twelve song set.
De Luca was recruited by the British hard rock band UFO in 2008 when former bassist Pete Way was unable to get his U.S. work visa. They've since toured worldwide. De Luca joined UFO in the studio recording their acclaimed 2015 album A Conspiracy Of Stars, also contributing songwriting. On September 29, 2017, UFO released their 22nd studio album, the self produced The Salentino Cuts, including De Luca on bass.
Studio Work and Additional Touring
De Luca has recorded for Grammy winning "Producer of the Year" Steve Lillywhite and for Grammy winning "Album Of The Year" engineer Tom Camuso. De Luca has also toured and/or recorded in Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, George Lynch (Dokken/Lynch Mob), Vinnie Moore and Mike Chlasciak (Halford).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rob De Luca.|
- "Rob De Luca Interview". Music Legends. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- "getreadytoroll.com". getreadytoroll.com.
- "Sleaze Roxx: Spread Eagle". sleazeroxx.com.
- Über Röck – September 2011
- Blabbermouth – SPREAD EAGLE Announces New Lineup
- "Spread Eagle". Facebook.
- Frontiers Facebook - January 2018
- "OF EARTH". OF EARTH. February 14, 2013.
- "October - 2012 - New York Music Daily". wordpress.com.
- "You searched for rob de luca - Music Legends". Music Legends.
- "Rob De Luca's Of Earth To Release 'The Monarch' This Spring - Blabbermouth.net". BLABBERMOUTH.NET.
- Classic Rock – Tracks Of The Week results: Of Earth bash David Bowie!
- Classic Rock – Tracks Of The Week results: Of Earth scoop the top spot again!
- "Classic Rock's Tracks Of The Week". Classic Rock. Retrieved April 14, 2015.
- "Underground Magazin - zenei s kulturlis hrek, lersok, fotk". pcdome.hu.
- "News". lovemberrecords.com.
- "Sleaze Roxx: Sebastian Bach To Support Guns N'Roses On Canadian Tour". sleazeroxx.com.
- Melodic Net
- "UFO: Stand-In Bassist For U.S. Tour Announced". March 10, 2008. Retrieved October 4, 2014.
- "UFO are currently recording their new album". Retrieved October 4, 2014.
- "UFO head for the stars". November 20, 2014. Retrieved November 23, 2014.
- "UFO - ROCK BAND - ALBUMS". September 29, 2017. Retrieved September 29, 2017.
- http://www.allmusic.com/album/distorted-lullabies-mw0000003367/credits allmusic.com
- "GRAMMY.COM – Past Winners Search". Retrieved October 4, 2014.
- "CD Baby – OF EARTH album notes". Retrieved October 4, 2014.