|Coordinates: 41°31′20″S 173°58′57″E|
According to the 2013 New Zealand census, Riverlands has a population of 471, an increase of 9 people since the 2006 census. There were 231 males and 240 females.
Riverlands School is a coeducational full primary (years 1-8) school with a roll of 206 students as of March 2019. The school celebrated its centenary in 2006.
- Peter Dowling (editor) (2004). Reed New Zealand Atlas. Reed Books. pp. map 61. ISBN 0-7900-0952-8.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- Roger Smith, GeographX (2005). The Geographic Atlas of New Zealand. Robbie Burton. pp. map 139. ISBN 1-877333-20-4.
- 2013 Census QuickStats about a place : Riverlands
- "Directory of Schools - as at 3 April 2019". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- Education Counts: Riverlands School
- "Riverlands School Centennial". Education Gazette New Zealand. 85 (4). 20 March 2006. Archived from the original (– Scholar search) on 16 October 2008.