Datuk Seri Rina binti Mohd Harun (Jawi: رين بنت محمد هارون) is a Malaysian politician serving as Minister of Rural Development since 2018. She is also the Women's Chief of the Malaysian United Indigenous Party (PPBM), a component of the Pakatan Harapan (PH) coalition. Rina won the parliamentary seat of Titiwangsa in the 14th General Election held on 9 May 2018.
Rina Mohd Harun
رين بنت محمد هارون
|Minister of Rural Development|
|Assumed office |
21 May 2018
|Prime Minister||Mahathir Mohamad|
|Preceded by||Ismail Sabri Yaakob|
|Women's Chief of the Malaysian United Indigenous Party|
|Assumed office |
5 April 2017
|Preceded by||Office established|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
|Assumed office |
10 May 2018
|Preceded by||Johari Abdul Ghani (UMNO-BN)|
Rina binti Mohd Harun
18 April 1973
Tanjung Karang, Selangor, Malaysia
|Political party||United Malays National Organisation (UMNO) (until 2016)|
Malaysian United Indigenous Party (PPBM) (2016-present)
|Alma mater||Northwood University|
MARA University of Technology
She grew up in Jalan Gurney, Kuala Lumpur and earned an early education at Sekolah Kebangsaan Datuk Keramat 1, Kuala Lumpur. She then continued her studies at Tun Fatimah School, Johor Bahru before continuing her studies at the MARA Institute of Technology (now Universiti Teknologi MARA) in Diploma in Banking Studies. She pursued her first degree studies at Northwood University in Michigan, USA and earned BBA in Banking and Finance.
- Sepang Women's Youth UMNO Division Chief - 2002–2013
- Secretary of Selangor UMNO Women's Youth - 2002–2004
- Deputy Chief of Selangor UMNO Women's Youth - 2004–2009
- Selangor UMNO Deputy Women's Youth Chief - 2009
- EXCO of UMNO Women's Chief - 2009–2013
- UMNO Acting Women Chief of Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi - 2013–2016
- Srikandi Chief
- Deputy Women Chief
- Assistant Treasurer, Selangor Youth Council
- Sepang District Youth Council Committee
|2018||P119 Titiwangsa||Rina Harun (PPBM)||23,840||47.31%||Johari Abdul Ghani (UMNO)||19,701||39.10%||50,858||4,139||82.56%|
|Mohamad Nor Mohamad (PAS)||6,845||13.59%|
- "Bernama Radio on Instagram: "Infografik: Profil Menteri Pembangunan Luar Bandar #BernamaRadio #semuanyatentanganda #pakatanharapan"". Instagram.
- "Rina Mohd Harun dilantik Ketua Srikandi PPBM". www.astroawani.com.
- "BERNAMA.com - Rina Mohd Harun named as Minister of Rural Development". www.bernama.com.
- "PRU14 nanti soal 'menang atau mati', kata wanita Bersatu - The Malaysian Insight". www.themalaysianinsight.com.
- "Rina Harun ready to serve rakyat as minister - Nation | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2018. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Husam kembali bergelar 'datuk', Mujahid Dr Dzul Ahmad Awang 'datuk seri'". MALAYSIADATELINE (in Malay). 13 October 2018. Retrieved 13 October 2018.
2. ^ "Federal Government Gazette - Notice of Polling Districts and Polling Centres for the Federal Constituencies and State Constituencies of the States of Malaya [P.U. (B) 197/2016]" (PDF). Attorney General's Chambers of Malaysia. 29 April 2016. Retrieved 2016-07-08.