Ride Like a Girl
Ride Like a Girl is a 2019 Australian biographical sports drama film directed by Rachel Griffiths and starring Teresa Palmer and Sam Neill. It is based on the true story of Michelle Payne, the first female jockey to win the Melbourne Cup in 2015.
|Ride Like a Girl|
Theatrical film poster
|Directed by||Rachel Griffiths|
|Produced by||Richard Keddie|
|Written by||Andrew Knight|
|Music by||David Hirschfelder|
|Edited by||Jill Bilcock|
|Distributed by||Screen Australia|
|18 September 2019|
Michelle Payne is the youngest of ten children of racehorse trainer Paddy Payne. Almost all of Paddy's children grow up to become jockeys and this is the story of the youngest daughter. Payne became the first woman to ride the winner of The Melbourne Cup in 2015.
- Krauth, Kirsten (2019-09-13). "Rachel Griffiths on her muse Michelle Payne: 'She told the world to get stuffed'". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2019-10-14.
- "Rachel Griffiths directs like a natural on 'Ride Like a Girl'". SBS Movies. Retrieved 2019-10-14.
- "Michelle Payne's Melbourne Cup success retold in 'Ride Like a Girl'". 7NEWS.com.au. 2019-09-25. Retrieved 2019-10-14.
- "Melbourne Cup: Michelle Payne lauds 'incredible' Prince Of Penzance after historic win". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 3 November 2015.
- Thomas, Ray (3 November 2015). "Melbourne Cup 2015: Michelle Payne scores historic win on $101 outsider Prince Of Penzance". The Daily Telegraph (Sydney). Retrieved 7 November 2015.
- Ride Like a Girl (2019), retrieved 2019-10-28