Richard White (actor)
|Occupation||Actor, tenor opera singer vocalist|
|Voice of Gaston in Disney's Beauty and the Beast (1991)|
White also played the character of Gaylord Ravenal in Show Boat at Paper Mill Playhouse and Robert Mission in The New Moon, at the New York City Opera. White also created the title role of Erik in the world premiere of Arthur Kopit and Maury Yeston's musical, Phantom and sings the role on the cast recording. White has performed on Broadway as Joey in The Most Happy Fella and has had roles in New York revivals of Brigadoon, South Pacific, and Auntie Mame. He was nominated for a 1985 Joseph Jefferson Award for Actor in a Principal Role in a Musical for "Carousel" at the Marriott Theatre in Chicago, Illinois. From 2012-2013, White starred as Sir Danvers Carew in the national tour and Broadway revival of Jekyll & Hyde.
|1989||Great Performances||Gaylord Ravenal / Robert Mission / Himself||Episodes: "The New Moon"|
"An Evening with Alan Jay Lerner"
|1991||Beauty and the Beast||Gaston (voice)|
|1992||The 64th Annual Academy Awards||Himself||(TV special)|
|2001-2003||House of Mouse||Gaston (voice)||Episodes: "Daisy's Debut"|
"Clarabelle's Big Secret"
"The Mouse Who Came to Dinner"
"Humphrey in the House"
"Halloween with Hades"
|2016||King's Quest - Chapter III: Once Upon A Climb||Whisper||video game|
- 1980 – Elizabeth and Essex – Performer
- 1987 – The Desert Song – Pierre Birabeau/The Red Shadow
- 1984 – The Desert Song – Pierre Birabeau/The Red Shadow
- 1985 – Show Boat – Performer
- 1985 – Carousel – Performer
- 1987 – Annie Get Your Gun – Performer
- 1989 – Show Boat – Gaylord Ravenal
- 1991 – Phantom – Erik/The Phantom
- 1991 – The Merry Widow – Performer
- 1992 – Oklahoma! – Performer
- 1993 – Phantom – Erik/The Phantom
- 1994 – Camelot – Lancelot
- 1996 – Gigi – Performer
- 1998 – Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde – Dr. Jekyll
- 2004 – Chasing Nicolette – Count de Valence
- 2013 – A Christmas Carol – Ebenezer Scrooge
|1989||Jerome Kern & Oscar Hammerstein II||"Where's The Mate For Me?"|
"You Are Love"
"Act I Finale"
"Why Do I Love You?"
"You Are Love"
|Great Performances||Gaylord Ravenal|
|1991||Howard Ashman & Alan Menken||"Belle"|
"The Mob Song"
|Beauty and the Beast||Gaston|
- "Life is a Banquet" in The 5th Avenue Theatre's MAME Archived 2010-05-23 at the Wayback Machine, 5th Avenue Theatre press release, 2008
- Live Online transcript: South Pacific Archived 2011-06-10 at the Wayback Machine, The Washington Post, January 10, 2003, 3 p.m.
- Full Casting Announced for Jekyll & Hyde, Starring Constantine Maroulis
- The Odd Gentlemen. King's Quest - Chapter III: Once Upon A Climb. Sierra Entertainment. Scene: Closing credits, 1 min in, Cast.