Richard Moore (actor)
|Born||1942 (age 76–77)|
Early and personal life
Moore was born in 1942, and lived in Burnley, Lancashire during his early life, attending Burnley Grammar School. He initially worked as a photographer for the Burnley Express, while being involved with amateur dramatics groups, one of which included Malcolm Hebden, called The Highcliffe Players. He went on to train at Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. Early TV appearances were in the first series of The Likely Lads, with James Bolam and Rodney Bewes. Moore is a keen Burnley F.C. supporter, even sneaking club paraphernalia onto the Emmerdale set.
After drama school, Moore spent more than 10 years with the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Emmerdale (2002–2005) as Jarvis Skelton, series regular
- McCallum (1997–1998) as Sir Paddy Penfold, series regular
- Shadow of the Noose (TV series) (1989) Sir Charles Mathews (episodes 1 & 7)
- Band of Gold (1995–1996) as Curly, series regular
- Coronation Street (1984) as George Hepworth in 2 episodes
- Z-Cars (1964) as Alan Barnes in the Episode "I Mean... Where Does It Stop?"
- "Emmerdale star sneaks his Clarets scarf into show scenes". This is Lancashire (news archive). 15 May 2004. Retrieved July 2012. Check date values in:
- "Preview: Comedians in Bolton". Lancashire Telegraph. 13 April 2010. Retrieved July 2012. Check date values in:
- "Emmerdale Star Jarvis Says 'Back The Trust!'". Pendle Today. 17 November 2005. Retrieved July 2012. Check date values in: