Richard Elman (mathematician)
Richard Steven Elman (born 21 March 1945) is an American mathematician at the University of California, Los Angeles, known for his work in algebra. He received his Ph.D. at the University of California, Berkeley in 1972, under the supervision of Tsit Yuen Lam.
- as editor with Murray M. Schacher and Veeravalli S. Varadarajan: Linear algebraic groups and their representations. Contemporary Mathematics (AMS). 153. Providence, Rhode Island: American Mathematical Society. 1993.
- with Nikita Karpenko and Alexander Merkurjev: The algebraic and geometric theory of quadratic forms. Colloquium publications (AMS). 56. Providence, R. I.: American Mathematical Society. 2008.
- The Mathematics Genealogy Project - Richard Elman, retrieved 2013-07-08.
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-07-08.
- Zaldivar, Felipe (9 November 2008). "Review of The Algebraic and Geometric Theory of Quadratic Forms by R. Elman, N. Karpenko, and A. Merkurjev". MAA Reviews, Mathematical Association of America.