Richard Henry Beale (13 May 1920 – 27 March 2017) was a British actor. He had a long career in television, stage and film, dating back to the 1950s.
Richard Henry Beale
|Born||13 May 1920|
|Died||27 March 2017 (aged 96)|
Born in Hackney, London, England, Beale was the son of Henry and Constance Beale. He served as a Lieutenant in the Royal Navy during the Second World War. He worked 10 years at his father's printing business before he ventured into acting.
Beale's early films included The Battle of the River Plate (1956), A Night to Remember (1958), and Sink the Bismarck! (1960).
His wife, whom he divorced, was named Anne. They had two children.
He died 27 March 2017 at the age of 96.
- The Battle of the River Plate (1956) - Capt. Pottinger (uncredited)
- A Night to Remember (1958) - Harbour Pilot (uncredited)
- Sink the Bismarck! (1960) - Petty Officer in Phone Montage (uncredited)
- The Flood (1963) - Grout
- Compact (1963-1964, TV Series) - Detective Sergeant Birling
- The Caves of Steel (1964) - Controller
- Gideon's Way (1964) - Capt. Vanner
- Doctor Who (1966–1973, TV Series) - Minister of Ecology / Broadcaster / Propaganda Seller / Bat Masterson / Refusian (voice)
- Where Eagles Dare (1968) - Telephone Orderly (uncredited)
- Softly Softly (1970, TV Series) - Harry
- Jude the Obscure (1971, TV Mini-Series) - Chivers
- Young Winston (1972) - Boer Sentry (uncredited)
- Z-Cars (1972–1974, TV Series) - Bordman / Peters
- War and Peace (1973, TV Series) - Hetman
- Special Branch (1974, TV Series) - Commander Glover
- Dixon of Dock Green (1975, TV Series) - Fred Gilbraithe
- Emmerdale Farm (1979, TV Series) - Tober Moore
- Secret Army (1979, TV Series) - Inspector Benet
- The Sandbaggers (1980, TV Series)
- The Life and Times of David Lloyd George (1981, TV Series) - Lord Kitchener
- Bergerac (1983, TV Series) - Bank Manager
- Camille (1984, TV Movie) - Farmer
- C.A.T.S. Eyes (1985, TV Series) - Prinley
- The Tripods (1985, TV Series) - Ulf
- Return to Treasure Island (1986, TV Series) - Captain Smollett
- A Handful of Dust (1988) - Ben
- The Bill (1988-1996, TV Series) - Geoffrey Rowley / Walter Lepore / Tommy Reeves / Goodhall
- A Bit of a Do (1989, TV Series) - Lester Griddle
- Treasure Island (1990, TV Movie) - Mr. Arrow
- Agatha Christie's Poirot (1990, TV Series) - Merritt
- EastEnders (1990–1991, TV Series) - Jackie Stone
- Hedd Wyn (1992) - Army Representative
- Lovejoy (1994, TV Series) - Mervyn The Fisherman
- Food of Love (1997) - William
- Peak Practice (2002, TV Series) - Julian Rankin
- All About Me (2002) - Local
- Casualty (2004, TV Series) - Geoff Slavin
- Afterlife (2005, TV Series) - Mr. Keyhoe (final appearance)
- Lentz, Harris III (August 2017). "Richard Beale, 96". Classic Images (506): 49.
- Hadoke, Toby (21 May 2017). "Obituary - Richard Beale, actor who starred in EastEnders". The Herald. Archived from the original on 4 October 2017. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.