Retail Week is a UK-based news magazine, website and data service covering the retail industry.
History and profile
The magazine is published every Friday. Retail Week has an average net circulation of 7,785 (ABC Certified) and a readership of 39,000. Subscribers are primarily retail company board directors and senior managers, as well as suppliers to retailers and investment analysts.
Retail Week launched a news website, Retail-week.com, in 2004. The site was redesigned and relaunched in 2007 and again in 2009. Retail-week.com has 110,000 unique users and 419,000 page impressions per month.
Chris Brook-Carter has been editor-in-chief of Retail Week since March 2012. The previous editors were Tim Danaher, Patience Wheatcroft (1988–1992), Ian McGarrigle (1992–1996), Kate Oppenheim (1996–1999) and Neill Denny (1999–2004).
Retail Week runs an annual conference in London called Retail Week Live for leaders of the retail industry.
In October 2015, Emap announced it was to stop producing print editions and that over the next 12–18 months all titles, including Retail Week, would become digital-only. However, as of December 2017, a print magazine still existed as part of a premium subscription package.
- Jennifer Creevy "Retail Week founder appointed non-executive of Shaftesbury", Archived 28 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine Retail Week, 27 February 2008. Retrieved 17 June 2009.
- "Emap Brands: Retail Week", Archived 24 April 2013 at the Wayback Machine Emap, n.dat. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Chris Brook-Carter appointed to newly created role of Retail Week editor-in-chief", Archived 28 January 2012 at the Wayback Machine Retail Week, 11 January 2012 Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "As one Week ends, another begins for new editor Danaher", Archived 16 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine Press Gazette, 12 November 2004 Retrieved 18 June 2009.
- "Retail Week editor Denny takes top role at Bookseller", Archived 16 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine Press Gazette, 20 August 2004. Retrieved 18 June 2009.
- Sweney, Mark (5 October 2015). "Emap brand to be scrapped as all its titles move digital-only". The Guardian. Archived from the original on 25 October 2017. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
- "Retail Week membership". Archived from the original on 9 September 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.