Restaurants Unlimited Inc
Restaurants Unlimited, Inc. (RUI) was an American food and beverage firm. Rich Komen founded the company in 1969 and was headquartered in Seattle, Washington, United States.
Brands include Skates on the Bay, Portland City Grill, Manzana Grill, Palisade, Cutters Crabhouse, Stanford's, Henry's Tavern, Kincaid's, Palomino Restaurant & Bar and Portland Seafood Company.
Landry's submits a bid then buys the company after an auction was canceled for it.
In 2007 Sun Capital Partners acquires RUI for an unspecified amount.
- Richman, Dan (March 28, 2007). "Restaurants Unlimited of Seattle is sold to Florida investment firm". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- "Restaurants Unlimited". Restaurants Unlimited. Retrieved July 28, 2015.
- Thorn, Bret (July 8, 2019). "Restaurants Unlimited files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy". Nations Restaurant News. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- Campbell, Megan (September 25, 2019). "Landry's wins bid to buy Seattle-based restaurant co. out of bankruptcy". Houston Business Journal. Retrieved September 27, 2019.
- "Restaurants Unlimited, Inc. Names Jim Eschweiler as New President and CEO". Cision (Press release). July 17, 2015. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- "Case 19-11509-LSS Doc 17 Filed 07/07/19" (PDF). csbankruptcyblog.com. July 7, 2019. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- Leson, Nancy; Ouchi, Monica Soto (March 28, 2007). "Buyout firm purchases Restaurants Unlimited". The Seattle Times. Retrieved July 6, 2016.