Restaurant Amusé is a restaurant in East Perth, Western Australia. It has won many awards, including Restaurant of the Year and Best Fine Dining Restaurant in the national finals of the Savour Australia Restaurant & Catering Awards For Excellence 2010.
Restaurant Amusé, 2017
|Food type||Modern Australian|
(The West Australian
Good Food Guide 2014)
|Street address||64 Bronte Street|
|Reservations||08 9325 4900|
The restaurant's chef, Hadleigh Troy, was trained by leading Perth chefs Alain Fabregues and Neal Jackson. He later worked in Michelin-starred restaurants in the United Kingdom, and for Gordon Ramsay.
Restaurant Amusé offers only a degustation menu. It was given a two star rating, and the award for Restaurant of the Year, by The West Australian Good Food Guide 2013, and retained its two star rating for 2014. The restaurant was also named the best restaurant in Western Australia for eight consecutive years by Gourmet Traveller.
Although the restaurant, owned by Troy and his wife Carolynne, was tipped to fail when it opened, it has been phenomenally successful, and Saturday nights are now fully booked at least two months in advance.
After a decade in business the couple chose to close its doors at the end of their lease in 2017 in order to concentrate on family time.
- Pepper, Daile (27 October 2010). "Restaurant Amusé is best restaurant in the country". The Age. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- de Moeller, Olga (25 April 2011). "Hadleigh's pushing the boundaries". The West Australian. Retrieved 4 September 2013.
- Bowling, Danielle (21 June 2011). "Bare tables don't stop accolades rolling in for Restaurant Amuse". Hospitality Magazine. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- Broadfield, Rob (ed) (2012). The West Australian Good Food Guide 2013. Osborne Park, WA: West Australian Publishers. pp. 12, 14, 94. ISBN 9780987171948.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- Broadfield, Rob (ed) (2013). The West Australian Good Food Guide 2014. Osborne Park, WA: West Australian Publishers. p. 83. ISBN 9780987171986.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- "Perth restaurants top of the table". The Sunday Times (Perth, WA). 4 August 2012. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- Goodfood: Restaurant Amusé – review of the restaurant by Jenna Clarke
- Qantas Travel Insider: Restaurant Amusé, Perth – reviews of the restaurant originally published in Qantas The Australian Way
- 10 Minutes With...Hadleigh and Carolynne Troy – Medical Forum magazine interview of the co-owners