Resorts World Bimini
Resorts World Bimini Bahamas is a 750-acre Caribbean beachfront resort and casino located on North Bimini Island. It is operated by the Malaysia-based Genting Group. Their corporate office for the southeast USA is located in downtown Miami, Florida. The resort is located in Bimini, Bahamas, 42 miles east of Miami, Florida. Estimated cost to be built is US$220 Million.
|Founded||June 2012 |
|Parent||Genting Group |
|Website||Resorts World Bimini Official Website|
History and development
In June 2012, Genting Group signed a deal to open Resorts World Bimini Bay. It included a partnership between Genting Malaysia Berhad and RAV Bahamas, the developer of Bimini Bay and the Rockwell Island Beach Estates. The Resorts World Bimini Casino opened in June 2013. It is the only casino on the island and the closest offshore casino to South Florida. In late June, 2013, Resorts World introduced the MS Bimini Superfast, a German built ship that brings passengers from Miami to Bimini.
Prime Minister of the Bahamas, Rt. Honorable Perry G. Christie, and the Chairman of the Genting Group, Mr. K.T. Lim, were in attendance at the opening ceremony of the new pier. Most of the cabinet ministers of the Bahama Islands were also present. Mr. Christie said that projects such as the development of Resorts World Bimini will lead to more economic development for Bahamians.
The opening of the pier is phase one of a comprehensive, three-phase development plan for North Bimini Island by Resorts World Bimini. Also included in phase one is the opening of a temporary customs and immigration facility. Beginning in late 2014 phase two will be undertaken, which will include the construction of a permanent facility for customs and immigration. The final phase will begin during the summer of 2015, adding a restaurant, beach club, craft market and a variety of water sports.
- Fox, Ben (September 18, 2013). "Global casino company aims to lure tourists to sleepy Bimini and not everyone is happy". Fox News. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Resorts World Bimini Bahamas Resorts World". Casino Careers. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- WALKER, ELAINE (2012-06-30). "Bahamas seeks Genting investment beyond Bimini". Miami Herald. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
Resorts World Bimini Bay, a joint venture between Genting Malaysia Berhad and RAV Bahamas.
- BRASS, KEVIN (18 March 2014). "To Bimini, 'SuperFast' but Leisurely". New York Times. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Local Genting's Bimini Casino Ship Cleared For Sailing". CBS Miami. 16 July 2013. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- Muñiz, Andria C. (3 July 2013). "PortMiami welcomes a new passenger service resorts world Bimini SuperFast cruise ship". http://www.miamidade.gov/. Miami Dade County News Release. Retrieved 10 September 2014. External link in
- Lambert, Marjie (4 September 2014). "Genting steps up its ferry service to Bimini". Miami Herald. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- Batchelor, Amanda (4 September 2014). "Bimini SuperFast expands service from Port Everglades". Local 10. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "More Jobs, More Opportunities, More Business and Development DELIVERED for Bahamians". Bahamas Press. 22 September 2014. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "The Caribbean's Newest Cruise Dock". Caribbean Journal. 4 September 2014. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- Satchell, Arlene (7 September 2014). "Bimini gambling cruises to sail from Fort Lauderdale". Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- DiPano, Robert (19 September 2014). "Bimini's New Cruise Ship Pier Opens". Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- Nagle Myers, Gay (July 2, 2013). "Bimini Bay casino opens, launches ferry service from Florida". Travel Weekly. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- Rashad Rolle (11 July 2017). "Resorts World targeted by environment protest". Retrieved 2017-11-20.