Resort Municipality, Prince Edward Island
Resort Municipality, officially named the Resort Municipality of Stanley Bridge, Hope River, Bayview, Cavendish and North Rustico, is the lone municipality in Prince Edward Island, Canada that holds resort municipality status. It was established in 1990.
|Resort Municipality of Stanley Bridge, Hope River, Bayview, Cavendish and North Rustico|
|Coordinates: 46°29′N 63°23′W|
|Province||Prince Edward Island|
|Township||Lot 21, Lot 22, Lot 23, Lot 24|
|• Type||Municipal Council|
|• Chairperson||Matthew Jelley|
|• Councillors||David Gauthier|
|• CAO||Brenda MacDonald|
|• Total||37.79 km2 (14.59 sq mi)|
|• Density||8.7/km2 (23/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (AST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-3 (ADT)|
|Canadian Postal code|
A rural resort area to the north and northwest of North Rustico, comprising a several communities, was incorporated as the Resort Municipality of Stanley Bridge, Hope River, Bayview, Cavendish and North Rustico by order in council in 1990.
Resort Municipality is located within Queens County approximately 35 km (22 mi) northwest of Charlottetown. It borders the Town of North Rustico and straddles several geographic levels in the province, including the townships of Lot 21, Lot 22, Lot 23 and Lot 24 as well as the parishes of Grenville and Charlotte. Localities within Resort Municipality include Bayview, Cavendish and Green Gables. The municipal office is located in Cavendish at the intersection of Route 6 and Route 13.
In the 2016 Census, Resort Municipality had a population of 328 living in 136 of its 350 total dwellings, a 23.3% increase from its 2011 population of 266. With a land area of 37.74 km2 (14.57 sq mi), it had a population density of 8.7/km2 (22.5/sq mi) in 2016.
Resort Municipality, PEI
Resort Municipality is governed by an elected council comprising a chair and six councillors. The chair of the current council is Matthew Jelley while the remaining council seats are held by councillors David Gauthier, Kay Hryckiw, Linda Lowther, Edmond Richard, George Clark Dunning and Gwen Wyand. The municipality's chief administrative officer is Brenda MacDonald. Administrative Assistant - Darlene Howell.
- "Bill No. 58: Municipal Government Act" (PDF). Prince Edward Island Queen's Printer. 2016. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- "Municipal Councils and Contact Information" (PDF). Government of Prince Edward Island. December 15, 2016. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Prince Edward Island)". Statistics Canada. August 9, 2016. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- "Census Profile, 2016 Census: Resort Mun. Stan.B.-Hope R.-Bayv.-Cavend.-N.Rust., Community [Census subdivision], Prince Edward Island". Statistics Canada. Retrieved October 10, 2019.
- "Standard Geographical Classification (SGC) 2006, Economic Regions: 1102045 - Resort Mun. Stan.B.-Hope R.-Bayv.-Cavend.-N.Rust., geographical codes and localities". Statistics Canada. April 1, 2014. Retrieved December 29, 2016.
- "Prince Edward Island Municipal Boundaries" (PDF). Prince Edward Island Communities, Land and Environment. Retrieved December 29, 2016.
- "Contact Us". Resort Municipality of Stanley Bridge, Hope River, Bayview, Cavendish and North Rustico. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- "Council". Resort Municipality of Stanley Bridge, Hope River, Bayview, Cavendish and North Rustico. Retrieved December 28, 2016.