Reparo de Metralhadora automatizada X
REMAX – (Reparo de Metralhadora automatizada X) is a Brazilian remote weapon system produced by CTEx (Brazilian Army engineers) and Ares Aeroespacial e Defesa S.A. It's a flexible system able to receive many configurations, like 7.62×51mm NATO, .50 BMG and 30mm MK44 Bushmaster II. The system gives soldiers 360° capacity and is equipped with night vision, thermal vision, high resolution camera and zoom. The project is in advanced stage. From now on, only minor modifications will be made in order to reduce the weight of the system, thus improving their performance.
The REMAX has been developed incrementally with the following approach:
- Phase I: Allowed day shooting with .50 machine guns;
- Phase II: The system could alternatively employ the 7.62mm machine gun;
- Phase III: Added night vision equipment, and;
- Phase IV: the system will be stabilized to allow shooting from a moving car.
- Brasil, Defesa. "REMAX - Ares e CTEx acertam no alvo". www.defesabrasil.com.