|Date of birth||18 March 1953|
|Original team(s)||Assumption College|
|Height||189 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||87 kg (192 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1978.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Serafini played mostly as a fullforward and topped Fitzroy's goalkicking in 1975 after kicking 34 goals in the season. Like his younger brother Laurie, he was recruited to Fitzroy from Assumption College. He crossed to Carlton in 1977 and spent two seasons with the Blues, before joining Frankston in 1979, the club's first season in the Victorian Football Association top division. Serafini was the Division 1 leading goalkicker in the 1979 home-and-away season with 95 goals, but was passed in the finals to finish third overall. He kicked 271 goals in 52 games for Frankston from 1979 until 1981. Seeking a pay rise, he shifted to Coburg during 1982.
- Marc Fiddian (27 August 1979). "Anything but Dandy". The Age. Melbourne, VIC. p. 27.
- Marc Fiddian (30 April 1982). "Serafini wants to quite VFA". The Age. Melbourne, VIC. p. 26.
- Marc Fiddian (28 June 1982). "Lions end Bees' home run". The Age. Melbourne, VIC. p. 25.
- Holmesby, Russell and Main, Jim (2007). The Encyclopedia of AFL Footballers. 7th ed. Melbourne: Bas Publishing.
- Renato Serafini's playing statistics from AFL Tables