Remote controlled weapon station
A remote controlled weapon station (RCWS), or remote weapon station (RWS), also known as a remote weapon system, (RWS) is a remotely operated weaponized system often equipped with fire-control system for light and medium-caliber weapons which can be installed on ground combat vehicle or sea- and air-based combat platforms. Such equipment is used on modern military vehicles, as it allows a gunner to remain in the relative protection of the vehicle. It may also be retrofitted onto existing vehicles, for example, the CROWS system is being fitted to American Humvees and the Thales SWARM for Bushmaster IMVs of the Royal Netherlands Army.
- Electro Optic Systems
- FN Herstal: deFNder® Family
Brazil Canada China Finland Georgia: Germany: India: Israel: Italy: Norway Poland South Africa Sweden United Kingdom United States Russia
- Bumerang-BM - 30mm remote control turret
- AU-220M - 57mm remote control turret
Republic of China
- XTR-101/102 - 20mm remote control turret
- "多种武器出炉 中国不再怕越南蛙人-中国军事-中国嘹望-万维新闻". m.creaders.net. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- "海军近区防御新系统卫岛礁 军力博弈或成未来主线_大公资讯_大公网". news.takungpao.com. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- "Naval Weapons--北方工业". www.norinco.com. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- "BHEL launches remote-controlled weapons station for military tanks". Hindustan Times. February 15, 2017. Retrieved September 3, 2019.
- "Army to deploy remote-controlled guns at LoC to take on infiltrators". Hindustan Times. October 5, 2015. Retrieved September 3, 2019.
- "Mahindra Defence Systems' remote weapon station demonstrated". Army Recognition. 13 April 2018. Retrieved 3 September 2019.
- "L&T Displays New SHARANG RWS". Asia Trade. June 30, 2019. Retrieved September 3, 2019.