Refined Bitumen Association
The Refined Bitumen Association is the trade association for UK bitumen companies.
|Legal status||Non-profit company|
|Purpose||Road surfaces in the UK|
|Five bitumen companies|
It was formed in 1968.
Its five main members cover 95% of the UK market
- ExxonMobil Bitumen, based in Leatherhead, Surrey
- Nynas UK (a Swedish company), based in Eastham, Merseyside, Wirral, north of Ellesmere Port
- Petroplus Bitumen (formerly BP Bitumen before Petroplus bought the Coryton Refinery in 2007), based in Llandarcy, Neath Port Talbot
- Shell Bitumen, based in Wythenshawe
- Total Bitumen UK Ltd, based in Ashton-on-Ribble in Preston, Lancashire
It represents the UK bitumen industry at a national level. The UK produces around 1.5 million tonnes of bitumen a year. 90% of UK bitumen is used on roads.