Reebonz is an online platform for buying and selling luxury products. Members can shop on web or mobile for new and used luxury merchandise. Visitors are required to log in via Facebook Connect, or register as a member with their email addresses before they can view and buy. Membership is free.
|Founders||Samuel Lim, Daniel Lim, Benjamin Han|
Reebonz targets customers in the Asia-Pacific region, and is one of the most established online luxury sales companies in Southeast Asia consisting of over 300 staff, with business operations in eight countries in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Australia and South Korea.
Samuel Lim, Daniel Lim, and Benjamin Han co-founded Reebonz in March 2009, starting the company with 18 employees. Prior to Reebonz, Samuel Lim founded one of South East Asia’s largest mobile content business, Fusion Mobile, in his first year of university in 2000. In 2004, he founded another line of business under eFusion Solutions Pte Ltd called Fusion Direct. Benjamin Han and Daniel Lim had their first taste of e-commerce when Zuunbo.com was launched in 2007. Zunnbo.com was awarded seed funding by the Singapore Management University (SMU) Business Innovation Generator, which manages the Entrepreneurial Talent Development Fund together with SPRING Singapore for investing in promising business proposals.
Products and services
In May 2015, Marketplace was launched as a global portal for merchants from around the world to list rare luxury fashion items for Reebonz members.
Sell and Consign
In April 2014, Reebonz.com merged with Reebonz Vintage to sell used designer items. The Sell and Consign service is available in Australia.
Launched in January 2015, Closets is the mobile selling platform in the Reebonz app that sells used designer items from leather goods, small leather goods, apparels to jewellery and watches. With a live chat function, buyers and sellers are able to enquire about the listed item, request for more images or negotiate on the final selling price. Closets is available in Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Thailand.
White Glove is a concierge service where Reebonz helps members sell their pre-owned designer items. Reebonz picks up members' items for free and provides copywriting services before listing the item for sale. White Glove is available in Australia, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Myanmar.
In May 2011, Reebonz launched Reebonz Mobil, a 40-foot-long mobile truck version of its online flash sales concept. A "luxury boutique on wheels", the truck could hold 150 items, and a maximum of 20 shoppers and staff members on board the truck at a time. The Reebonz Mobil was thought to be the first shopping platform of its kind in the shopping industry.
Awards and recognition
NTV7 MY’s The Breakfast Show featured Reebonz.
In early 2013, Singapore's media giant, MediaCorp, signed on as lead investor in a round of fund-raising by Reebonz. The round raised a total of S$50 million from MediaCorp and existing shareholders. This brings Reebonz's market valuation to likely cross the $250M mark. This is the first time MediaCorp has invested in an online retail firm - a time when e-commerce is flourishing.
Reebonz was featured in Luxe Asia of Channel NewsAsia
- "Reebonz Media Kit" (PDF). Reebonz. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 29, 2013. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- "A year of new frontiers". Malaysia Chronicle. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "Accessible Luxury". The Edge. Archived from the original on November 26, 2013. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- "Reebonz Case Study" (PDF). Joyent Cloud. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 23, 2013. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- "Samuel Lim". EO Asia. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- Stockdill, Robert. "Luxury shopping on wheels". Inside Retail. Archived from the original on April 6, 2013. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- "Reebonz Unveil the Surprise" (PDF). InDesign Live Asia. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- "Team of Experts - Leather Goods". Reebonz. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Team of Experts - Jewellery". Reebonz. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Team of Experts - Watches". Reebonz. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "REEBONZ for iPhone". Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- "New apps: ILoveDeals, mVoucher, REEBONZ, Foound, My Movies, and much more". iMerlion. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- "Reebonz Flagship Store". Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- "Reebonz opens its own private space for members". Archived from the original on June 20, 2012. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- "Reebonz Unveils Private Members' Lounge". Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- Murugappan, Ravathi. "Luxury boutique in a 40-foot truck". The Star. Archived from the original on September 4, 2011. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- "FOR YOUR SURFING PLEASURE". Cosmopolitan SG. Retrieved February 7, 2013.
- "Singapore-based luxury shopping site Reebonz nabs $40 million investment led by MediaCorp". The Next Web. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- "MediaCorp Invests US$40 Million in Reebonz, Values the Luxury E-Store at US$200 Million". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- "MediaCorp Invests in Singapore luxury online retailer, Reebonz". MediaCorp. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- "MediaCorp invests in luxury online retailer Reebonz". The Malaysian Insider. Archived from the original on December 2, 2013. Retrieved November 26, 2013.
- "Luxe Asia - Channel NewsAsia". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved September 22, 2014.