Real Canoe NC (basketball)
|Leagues||M: LEB Plata|
W: Liga Femenina 2
|Founded||1940 (basketball section)|
|Arena||Polideportivo Pez Volador|
|Team colors||Yellow, Black, Navy Blue. |
|Active departments of Real Canoe|
The men's team played in the top division of Spanish basketball from 1957 to 1965, but nowadays plays in LEB Plata. The women's team was Liga Femenina champion three times, but now plays in Liga Femenina 2.
Founded in 1940, after achieving several titles of second division and Regional Castilian championships, made its debut in the Liga Nacional in 1957, where it remained until 1965.
After reaching the second division in several stages during its whole history, it finally joined the Liga EBA since its foundation in 1994, where it played 20 of its 23 seasons before promoting and accepting to play in LEB Plata, third tier since 2000, league that refused to play after promoting in 2012.
On 5 June 2018, despite finishing the regular season in the ninth position, Real Canoe promoted to LEB Oro, thus coming back to a second tier league 22 years after.
The women's team made its debut in the first division in 1980 after merging with Club de Vacaciones
Real Canoe achieved three consecutive leagues between 1983 and 1986 and a Copa de la Reina in 1996. The club resigned voluntarily to continue playing in the top tier in 2000 and since that resign, they only played two more seasons in Liga Femenina.
After resigning to play in Liga Femenina 2 in 2012, the club spent four years in the third tier before promoting again to the second division.
Note: Flags indicate national team eligibility at FIBA sanctioned events. Players may hold other non-FIBA nationality not displayed.
|ZTE Real Canoe NC roster|
Season by season
- Remained in the league.
- Withdrew from the competition before the semifinals, even though Real Canoe qualified for them.
- Resigned to promote to LEB Plata.
- Resigned to their place in Liga Femenina.
- Resigned to play in Liga Femenina due to financial problems.
- Resigned to their place in Liga Femenina 2.
- To appear in this section a player must have either:
- Set a club record or won an individual award as a professional player.
- Played at least one official international match for his senior national team at any time.
José María Gil Tyson Pérez Chris Gabriel
- "Primera División Femenina 1980/81" (in Spanish). Hispaligas.net. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- "Real Canoe, Basket Mar y Almería suben a LF2" (in Spanish). Encancha.com. 21 May 2017. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- "Tres nuevos inquilinos en la Liga Femenina 2" (in Spanish). Spanish Basketball Federation. Retrieved 14 January 2018.