Reading City F.C.
Reading City Football Club is a football club based in Reading, Berkshire, England. They are currently members of the Hellenic League Premier Division and play at the Rivermoor Stadium in the Tilehurst area of Reading.
|Full name||Reading City Football Club|
|Ground||Rivermoor Stadium, Reading|
|Manager||Simon Johnson & Sam Woodruff|
|League||Hellenic League Premier Division|
|2018–19||Hellenic League Premier Division, 18th of 19|
The club was established in 2001 as Highmoor Ibis by a merger of Highmoor and Ibis, both of which were playing in the Reading Senior League, Highmoor in the Senior Division and Ibis in the Premier Division. Ibis had also previously played in the Chiltonian League. The new club took Highmoor's place in the Senior Division and were league champions in 2003–04 without losing a match. They won the Reading Senior Cup in 2005–06, beating Woodley Town 4–1 in the final at the Madjeski Stadium.
After finishing as runners-up in 2006–07 and 2008–09, Highmoor were champions again in 2010–11, earning promotion to Division One East of the Hellenic League. In their first season in Division One East they finished as runners-up and were promoted to the Premier Division. They were Premier Division runners-up in 2014–15. In June 2018 the club were renamed Reading City.
The club played at Scours Lane until 2011 when they were forced to leave to take promotion to the Hellenic League as the ground did not have a stand or floodlights. Instead, the club moved to the Palmer Park Stadium, a general use stadium including a 780-seat stand and an athletics track around the pitch. However, in 2016 the club returned to Scours Lane as the ground had been upgraded to the required standards. The ground was also renamed the Rivermoor Stadium.
- Reading League
- Senior Division champions 2003–04, 2010–11
- Reading Senior Cup
- Winners 2006–07
- Reading City F.C. players
- Reading City F.C. managers
- Highmoor Ibis at the Football Club History Database
- Ibis at the Football Club History Database
- Reading League history: 2005 to 2007 Get Reading, 7 June 2013
- Highmoor Ibis announce surprise switch Football in Bracknell, 9 June 2018
- Highmoor Ibis apply to join Hellenic Get Reading, 4 May 2011
- Highnmoor-Ibis FC vs. Chalfont Wasps Football Grounds in Focus
- Football community stunned as Reading Town FC are closed down Reading Chronicle, 13 February 2016
- Updates around the club ......... Reading City F.C.