Ralph Palmer, 12th Baron Lucas
Ralph Matthew Palmer, 12th Baron Lucas and 8th Lord Dingwall (born 7 June 1951) is one of the hereditary peers elected to remain in the House of Lords after the passing of the House of Lords Act 1999, sitting as a Conservative.
Lucas is the son of the Anne Palmer, 11th Baroness Lucas and 7th Lady Dingwall and Major Hon Robert Jocelyn Palmer (fifth child and third son of the 3rd Earl of Selborne). He attended Twyford School and Eton College and studied physics at Balliol College, Oxford. He then took articles as a chartered accountant and worked at S. G. Warburg & Co. Ltd. from 1976 to 1988.
He was a Lord in Waiting (Government Whip in the House of Lords) during 1994–97, and the shadow Lords minister for International Development during 1997–98.
Marriages and children
- Hon Hannah Rachel Elise Palmer (born 1984)
- Hon Lewis Edward Palmer (born 7 December 1987), heir apparent to the baronies.
Secondly, Lucas married Amanda Atha in 1995. She died in 2000 and in 2001 he married Antonia Kennedy Rubinstein. He has one daughter with his third wife.
- "Lord Lucas". The Motorists' Legal Challenge Fund, UK. Archived from the original on 25 December 2010. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- "The Lord Lucas of Crudwell and Dingwall". Debrett's. Archived from the original on 21 January 2013. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- The Good Schools Guide, UK.
- "Ralph Palmer, 12th Baron Lucas Of Crudwell Video Interviews". ovguide. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- New College of the Humanities Archived 9 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Accessed July 2011.
- The peerage.com, entry for 12th Lord Lucas
|Peerage of England|
| Baron Lucas
|Peerage of Scotland|
| Lord Dingwall