Radio Television of Vojvodina
Radio Television of Vojvodina (Serbo-Croatian: Радио Телевизија Војводине/Radio Televizija Vojvodine, Hungarian: Vajdasági rádió és televízió, Slovak: Radio Televizia Vojvodiny, Romanian: Radioteleviziunea Voivodinei, Rusyn: Радіо Телебачення Воєводини; abbr. РТВ/RTV) is the regional public broadcaster in the Serbian province of Vojvodina. Its headquarters is in Novi Sad.
Radio Novi Sad HQ
|Type||Radio, television and online|
|Founded||26 May 2006 (Current form)|
|0.40% (TV advert, 2014–15)|
1.27% (TV rating, 2014–15)
<1.00% (Radio rating, 2014–15)
|Headquarters||Ignjata Pavlasa 3, Novi Sad|
|Owner||Government of Serbia|
|Miodrag Koprivica (General Director)|
|29 November 1949 (Radio)|
26 November 1975 (Television)
|TVNS, RTS NS|
|RTV 1, RTV 2|
|RNS 1, RNS 2, RNS 3|
Formerly, it was known as Radio Television Novi Sad (Serbian: Радио Телевизија Нови Сад (РТНС)/Radio Televizija Novi Sad (RTNS)). In 1992 Radio Television Novi Sad, together with Radio Television Belgrade (RTB) and Radio Television Pristina (RTP), became a part of Radio Television of Serbia. In 1999, the buildings of the RTNS in the Mišeluk neighborhood of Novi Sad were bombed and destroyed by the NATO airforce. After the war, the RTNS was moved to the new building in the city centre.
In May 2006, the Radio Television of Serbia was officially divided into two public broadcasting systems: Radio Television of Serbia (Public Service of Serbia) with headquarters in Belgrade and Radio Television of Vojvodina (Public Service of Vojvodina) with headquarters in Novi Sad.
Certain TV shows are also translated into Sign language.
Since autumn 2011, programmes and news in the German language have been broadcast as well.
RTV has the following radio channels:
- Radio Novi Sad 1 (Радио Нови Сад 1), in Serbian
- Radio Novi Sad 2 (Радио Нови Сад 2), in Hungarian
- Radio Novi Sad 3 (Радио Нови Сад 3), in Croatian, Slovak, Rusyn, Romanian and Romany
Current TV channels
- Rаdio television of Vojvodina 1 (Радио телевизија Војводине 1), in Serbian.
- Radio television of Vojvodina 2 (Рaдио телевизија Војводине 2), in Serbian and minority languages.
TV Channels 1999–2006
Before the transformation of television into Radio Television of Vojvodina, the Radio Television Novi Sad had two channels:
- TV Novi Sad 1 (TВ Нoви Сaд 1)
- TV Novi Sad 2 (ТВ Нови Сад 2)
TV Channels before 1999
Before the NATO bombing, the Radio Television Novi Sad had two channels:
- TV Novi Sad (ТВ Нови Сад)
- TV Novi Sad plus (TВ Нови Сад плус)
Internationally created shows broadcast by RTV
|Original name||Local name||Origin|
|The Brothers Karamazov||Браћа Карамазови|
|Les Jurés||Доба злочина|
|Nothing Too Good for a Cowboy||Каубоју никад удовољити|
Kauboju nikad udovoljiti
|Rachael Ray||Рејчел Реј|
- "Analiza medijskog tržišta u Srbiji" (PDF). rem.rs (in Serbian). August 2015. Retrieved 2 October 2018.
- "Bilans uspeha (2017) - RTV" (PDF). apr.gov.rs (in Serbian). Agencija za Privredne Registre RS. Retrieved 2 October 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Radio Television of Vojvodina.|