Radio Cab Murder
|Radio Cab Murder|
Original Australian poster
|Directed by||Vernon Sewell|
|Produced by||George Maynard|
|Written by||Vernon Sewell|
|Edited by||Peter Graham Scott|
|Distributed by||Eros Films|
After serving a term in prison for safe-cracking, Fred Martin finds work as a taxi cab driver. He is approached by a gang that recruits ex-cons, but, wishing to go straight, he informs the police and they send him undercover to join the gang and expose its leader. But the gang discovers Martin's identity and tries to kill him by locking him in a deep freezer. He is saved by his cabby friends who ride to the rescue and corner the crooks.
- Jimmy Hanley as Fred Martin
- Lana Morris as Myra
- Sonia Holm as Jean
- Jack Allen as Parker
- Sam Kydd as Spencer
- Pat McGrath as Henry
- Michael Mellinger as Tim
- Charles Morgan as Maclaren
- Bruce Beeby as Inspector Rawlings
- Rupert Evans as Williams
- Elizabeth Seal as Gwen
- Jack Stewart as Gregson
- Frank Thornton as Inspector Finch
- Trevor Reid as Commissioner
- Edwin Richfield as Nat
- Jane Harwood as Cashier
- Madge Brindley as Mrs Evans
- Joan Carol as Scientific Officer
- Leonard Sharp as Evans, the first Watchman (uncredited)
- Ian Wilson as Second Watchman (uncredited)
- Vernon Greeves as Radio Operator (uncredited)
- The Radio Times gave the film two out of five stars.
- TV Guide also gave two out of five stars, and wrote, "a good cast is all that saves this weakly scripted effort."
- Sky Movies also rated the film two out of five stars, and noted, "Vernon Sewell was both a competent and prolific director in the genre and brings a professional crispness that many of his contemporaries lacked."
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | RADIO CAB MURDER (1954)". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. 16 April 2009. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- "Radio Cab Murder Trailer, Reviews and Schedule for Radio Cab Murder | TVGuide.com". Movies.tvguide.com. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- "Radio Cab Murder | Film review and movie reviews". Radio Times. 8 April 2013. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- "Radio Cab Murder - Sky Movies HD". Skymovies.sky.com. 18 November 2006. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- Chibnall, Steve & McFarlane, Brian. The British 'B' Film. Palgrave MacMillan, 2009.